Matt Corral

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Everybody congratulate him on his Connerly. Voting is complete before the Egg Bowl. I hope he has a real stinker of a game and Will lights that *** up

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have a feeling that Rogers will have more Connerly by the time he leaves than Corral.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Poor reasoning driven by an Ole Miss fan worried they are going to get upstaged by the Gun Slinger from Brandon.
Now they have put themselves into a position to look even more foolish, in my opinion.

I wish, Corral wins the Connerly, and then follows that up with 4 picks, 165 yards, and a 35 point loss to Will. My only wish this year is that comes to pass. Will going for 6 tds, 485 yards, and sits out the majority of the 4th quarter.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
Poor reasoning driven by an Ole Miss fan worried they are going to get upstaged by the Gun Slinger from Brandon.
Now they have put themselves into a position to look even more foolish, in my opinion.

I wish, Corral wins the Connerly, and then follows that up with 4 picks, 165 yards, and a 35 point loss to Will. My only wish this year is that comes to pass. Will going for 6 tds, 485 yards, and sits out the majority of the 4th quarter.

When was the decision made to complete the voting early? Was it recently, or was it decided several months ago? One would think that wasn't a decision that was just made recently, but maybe I'm wrong. I honestly wasn't even sure what the Conerly Trophy was, exactly. It doesn't seem like a very big deal, to me.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Corral being a Heisman finalist is laughable, even if it is true. He has 27 TDs right now, Tebow had 50 when he won.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
You bring up one good point and one terrible one.

We don't know when the decision to vote early was made, but I don't buy into this being some last minute ole miss ploy. Was probably a decision made out of lazyness.

Now to the other point - you, someone who not only posts to college football message boards of your own team, but those of your rival team, don't know about the trophy given to the best player in the state every year? A result that is speculated upon for weeks, posted to every State and Ole Miss message board, and tweeted out by every journalist covering each team? Excuse me if I find that hard to believe.

Last edited:

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I really don't think he will win it altho there are no exceptional candidates. It will be very interesting to see where he gets drafted and how his career goes.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
We don't know when the decision to vote early was made, but I don't buy into this being some last minute ole miss ploy. Was probably a decision made out of lazyness.

Now to the other point - you, someone who not only posts to college football message boards of your own team, but those of your rival team, don't know about the trophy given to the best player in the state every year? A result that is speculated upon for weeks, posted to every State and Ole Miss message board, and tweeted out by every journalist covering each team? Excuse me if I find that hard to believe.

I had heard of the Conerly, yes. But I couldn’t remember if it was a local award or one given out to a certain position, similar to the Biletnikoff. I suppose I could’ve used some deductive reasoning and figured it out, but I guess I was confused by the point of it somehow being an Ole Miss ploy. That seemed kinda ridiculous, but I see how me not remembering what the Conerly was us equally as ridiculous. That’s fair.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
How in the world will he not win it? How is he not an exceptional candidate?

Vegas has Corral with the 4th best odds to win the Heisman.

I don't like him personally (and I think that the egg bowl would absolutely give Rodgers a chance to pass him for the Connerly - if not for the early voting) but you're talking crazy.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
interesting stats (vs. P5 only)

Will RogersMatt Corral
Completion %75.1%65.1%
Passing yards/game366.9262.0
Passing yards/attempt6.98.4
Passing touchdowns238
Passer rating147.64146.09

<tbody>
</tbody>

archdog

Aug 22, 2012

I don't like him personally (and I think that the egg bowl would absolutely give Rodgers a chance to pass him for the Connerly - if not for the early voting) but you're talking crazy.

They should have held the vote before the season, because unless they are taking the most important game for this award into consideration, then it is ********. The top two candidates for the award, meet on the field, in live action, this upcoming Thursday night. How the 17 is that not required prior to casting a vote?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016

That’s a fair point. If you swapped Rogers and Corral I don’t know if Rogers would excel in the Rebs offense but Corral would probably be really great in the Air Raid.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
My thoughts are that he will win based on his play earlier in the year. He has not been very dynamic the last few games and my hopes were we would crush them in the Egg Bowl and Will would play similar to the Auburn second half. This would give him momentum to take the Connerly, and our recruiting to close with a huge upswing. But like someone said earlier he will win it once or twice before its done no doubt.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login