Matt Wyatt pretty much said it all …

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The sad part is we seem to be getting worse not better. I expect another thrashing next week at USC after watching them go toe to toe with UGA in Athens. The announcers said USC would turn the corner next week like they did last year. Quoting Animal House, "Assume the position!"
We are “getting worse” because the competition is getting better. We should look better this week, but better from this week isn’t saying much.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I want to know what vision Arnett sold our money folks on in the interview. Did he sell an overhaul? Or did he sell continuity and he lied and went another way? I need to know who to be more pissed at.

Either way. You usually get what you pay for. And here we are.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The sad part is we seem to be getting worse not better. I expect another thrashing next week at USC after watching them go toe to toe with UGA in Athens. The announcers said USC would turn the corner next week like they did last year. Quoting Animal House, "Assume the position!"
I agree . We should have seen the most improvement between week 1 and 2, but we only saw regression. Makes me think coaches are not putting in the work.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Now he missed some throws. But he also put it on a dime to the TE Harmon who dropped a TD pass
Speaking of TEs, seems like they are just a liability in our passing game. No threat as receivers, and apparently aren’t helping protect the QB. Especially when we go two TEs - seems like a wasted play every time

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
sheep satisfying GIF

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I took in the game w/an LSU friend. If I asked it once, I asked it 1,000 times to him all game long, “That’s coaching ain’t it?”. It was an embarrassing game to watch to say the least.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Lsu players and coaches were quoted as saying they watched Matt Wyatt’s film study on the bus ride over and it helped them know the routes better than the team running the plays. South Carolina will also use his film study in preparation. Miss State should copyright him for double dipping between YouTube and Lear field
So now we're blaming Matt Wyatt on the problems on offense? Now I've heard it all.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Now he missed some throws. But he also put it on a dime to the TE Harmon who dropped a TD pass
SOME THROWS? What game were you watching, IB?
Go back and watch the pass to Harmon again. Look where the pass is in relation to the defender.
Will is likely the best QB on our roster, Not arguing that. But he is not the thrower his stats in Leach's offense would suggest. If he were a better thrower and slightly more athletic, he'd have had the greatest numbers in the history of the CFB last year.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There is plenty of blame to go around, but I eould lay 90% of it on Barbay and Friend. That OL sucks. You can not succeed without good OL play.
The OL was terrible. And I don’t mean out talented or out manned physically.

Every pass play there were gaping holes from missed assignments/confusion.

Will didn’t play great but you could have put anyone back there and the results would have been the same with the same OL play and play calling.

We have to go back to quick routes. Get 3 to 5 a play and then take a chance. At least until the OL gets better.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Matt's a Will Roger's apologist. Yes, our weak OL got exposed today, by the best defensive front in college football. .
We have an immobile QB who, in spite of what Matt or any of you yo-yo's think, is just NOT an accurate thrower.
Today most all of his completions - when he had them -- were plain luck and required his receivers to come back to the ball, slow down, and bend over backwards.
This is as dumb a football take as I’ve ever seen. You could pick any qb you want in their prime and 60 to 70% of the plays would not have mattered.

it was an open horse gate at the snap of almost every play.
I don't care how great a kid he is and how much Leach loved him, he's a fourth year player with a hell of a lot of game experience who is no better than he was as a freshman.
Today his decision making (which is usually pretty good as a result of his vast limitations) was even worse than his throwing.
The deal is: he may well be the best option we have at this point.

Maybe he will get better and win us at least two SEC games before the end of the year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login