Matt Wyatt says it...

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Somebody convince me that Cohen was neither told to GTFO nor threw one of his hothead tantrums about something and found a rebound job. His body of work as an AD is uninspiring, to say the least. He's leaving his alma mater to go to one of the most batsh1t crazy situations in sports AND academia the week before we play them in football. His raise is insignificant compared to the sh1tstorm he's stepping into, as well. Plus, we offered no counter and could have pulled it from petty cash.

I don't think too many of us give a flip that he's gone. But, forgive me if I don't believe Rosebowl here that he wasn't asked to give something significant up somehow.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

awkward star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

Bingo. I get that at the end of the day you gotta look out for numero uno but to operate in such a way, and especially the timing is a sign of utter disdain for all things Mississippi State. That bridge doesn't un-burn. Those relationships are forever damaged.

I guess you'll always have Bruce in your corner though, John. Go **** yourself and go to hell Auburn.

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
Whoa. I wish I knew what circumstances drove Matt to be that personal with his vitriol. There is a LOT of personal animosity in that tweet. Regardless, I wholeheartedly join Matt’s opinion and issue a hearty 17 Auburn to boot. 17 those 17n MFers in the @$$. May they continue to circle the bowl on the way to hell.
This is odd. I had to turn the show off. I don't get it. He spends half the show saying how unimportant AD's really are and that they're all forgettable and don't really leave a legacy. The other half is him going on a twitter rant asking to speak to Auburns manager.

Could the timing of this been better? of course. Does any of that **** really matter at the end of the day? not in the least bit.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Cohen just made himself and his family an extra $3.5 million over the course of his AU contract compared to what he would have made here. Timing sucks, but I can’t hate on Cohen for that.
How much less would that MF'er have made over that same timeframe if he had waited SEVEN DAYS to make the announcement?

That's Matt's point.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
How much less would that MF'er have made over that same timeframe if he had waited SEVEN DAYS to make the announcement?

That's Matt's point.
It’s pretty obvious that they wanted to fire Harsin today so I’m assuming Cohen was given a deadline (before today) so they could parade the new AD into town and give him credit for doing it (even though he didn’t). Happens all the time.

Again, wait to hit send on that email until your emotions cool off and you take a little time to think…

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
And let’s not forget that dumbass basically ran off the maybe the Best HC we’ve ever had in any sport.
Lots of people within the Bryan Building, the Seal Building and Allen Hall say good riddance!
Well maybe now that he's gone somebody can actually provide the backstory on this.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
I can't imagine the trepidation the football team must be feeling due to the loss of that old white dude in the athletics office that none of them have ever spoken more then 5 words to.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I always heard it was baby girl dipping her “pen” in company ink and when company ink was done baby girl couldn’t let it go
I have heard Vic was unhappy about certain extra curricular activities, but I'm not sure what in the hell that had to do with Cohen.

fieldcorporal

Nov 1, 2010
17 aubrun and Shug Jordan and the rented mule they rode in on, now and forevermore.

I totally couldn't give a shxt about them hiring JC.

Just 17'em.

Reactions: msstatelp1

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Meh. I think Mississippi State had just as much to do with this as auburn.

we didn’t force him out but once he gave us an option, we said “move on”.
Nope. He knew the situation before talked to AU. AU had two people use them for a raise. They were at the end of their rope too.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I can.

But what's done is done... bye bye!

They way he did it, I hope the MS ST players on every team make Auburn a priority to stomp and embarrass
I would be surprised if half of our team could tell you that Cohen was our athletic director.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Bet me... he already has worked to bring in the next head coach. Part of the pitch getting hired. It's already done I'm guessing. Just not public.

And all is fair in love and war and business deals

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login