May have missed it.......

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
.....but does anyone have any insight if there will be some uniform or helmet design changes to open up the Zach Arnette Era? You'd think Zach would like to put his stamp on the team for something new. Maybe an interlocking MSU on the helmet? ha, ha!! ......or something else? Any ideas?

Reactions: Anon1666970421

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Whatever changes are made, I fully expect them to be the football equivalent of this:

Some folks here might consider it an improvement. **

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m sure there will be multiple uniform changes. We are the Oregon of the SEC in relation to uniforms.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
STATE across the chest of Jerseys. Hopefully the new AD understands branding and embraces STATE as our identify. Mississippi State is just too long and doesn't flow off the tongue, and for goodness sake, never MS or Miss State. There are no national programs that are know as STATE (other than us) and Michigan State had laid claim to MSU.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I already don’t like it. Someone needs fired. It’s not the uniform we wore when I was a student. Just because our colors are Maroon and White doesn’t mean we should ever wear white. Everyone knows that you don’t wear white after Labor Day. We’d win more games if the uniforms didn’t suck. Screw Nike. Screw Adidas. Black isn’t even one of the schools colors. My god that pinstripe is too__________. Did I miss anything?

Reactions: knock him out john

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Mississippi State has been known as "State" for as long I've been alive. This idea of "branding" Mississippi State is something State has done for many many many years. Hell we have worn state on numerous sports jerseys as far back aS the 50s.

Also, "State" is a generic term and would not distinguish Mississippi State from any school. Case in point, Michigan State wore a script "State" logo on their football helmet a few years before we did. Which was a throw back logo to the late 70s with Magic Johnson.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login