Maybe all the fans like me are the problem..

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I can tell ya this for sure.... Mississippi St doesn't have near the number of fanatics that teams near by have. State has a lot of alumni and fans that casually follow athletics but not near the number of fanatics.

how much that plays into recruiting.... I dnk. Maybe some.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
I can tell ya this for sure.... Mississippi St doesn't have near the number of fanatics that teams near by have. State has a lot of alumni and fans that casually follow athletics but not near the number of fanatics.

how much that plays into recruiting.... I dnk. Maybe some.
Being a true fanatic of MSU sports cannot be good for your health or mental state.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I used to keep watching when I was younger. I just don’t care any longer.

The NFL, and sometimes CFB are the only sports I watch after my team has been eliminated. I’m watching more of the NFL playoffs over the last 2 seasons, and whole lot less of bowl games and CFB playoffs.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
What pisses me off is this was supposed to be our year to do something, next year’s team will have a lot of holes even with Hubbard. If he leaves we will probably be picked preaseason towards the bottom of the league.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Some guards, wings, forwards, and a center...we will be great!
That’s the beauty of basketball, quick rebuild. 3 players in the portal and you are good to go. Football you are talking years and years in most cases.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The only sport our fans are rabid about and care about regardless of how the team is playing is baseball, a sport that no one outside the southeast cares about. It would be like Boston College putting all their care into lacrosse. But that’s the way we are.

Reactions: THE Bruce Dickinson

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
The only sport our fans are rabid about and care about regardless of how the team is playing is baseball, a sport that no one outside the southeast cares about. It would be like Boston College putting all their care into lacrosse. But that’s the way we are.
Hockey is a better comparison.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Isn't it about what "our fans are rabid and care about" though? I don't give a flying monkeys arse whether Boston College cares about our baseball team or not, why should that keep me from being a "rabid" baseball fan?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
That’s the beauty of basketball, quick rebuild. 3 players in the portal and you are good to go.

Gut punched MSU basketball fans looking at the team next year after 3 portal transfers from the MAAC and the WAC...

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I won’t watch another game in the tournament now. I’m not invested in it enough to care past how the Bulldogs did today.

Is it our lack of commitment to the sport that brings about underperforming programs such as ours?
Truthfully, yes our fans like you and others are a problem. We made the NCAAT and lost to Michigan State and our fans are acting like the biggest bunch of dorks. No one is happy we lost, but to say things like we’ll never succeed is just a low life loser mentality. As long as Jans is here we’ll be fine, but I don’t blame him for leaving with our half *** commitment as a fanbase.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I won’t watch another game in the tournament now. I’m not invested in it enough to care past how the Bulldogs did today.

Is it our lack of commitment to the sport that brings about underperforming programs such as ours?
No. You not watching the tournament has nothing to do with our play on the court

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
But our fanbase travels well***********

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Being a true fanatic of MSU sports cannot be good for your health or mental state.
Yes it can. There ain't nothing like it when we pull off something really good. It HAS to be an exponentially better feeling than when one of the blue bloods wins something, AGAIN.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What pisses me off is this was supposed to be our year to do something, next year’s team will have a lot of holes even with Hubbard. If he leaves we will probably be picked preaseason towards the bottom of the league.
We had basically the same bunch back from a play in level team, plus Hubbard and Bell, a freshman we stole from Ole Miss and a role-playing transfer. What exactly about that said it was our year to do something? We did better than last year by avoiding the play in game. It would have been nice to get one win in the tourney, but with all the bid stealing that went on our seed dropped over the last weekend. We got a tough match up. If you looked at the advanced stats and the details of their record, this was always going to be a tough one for us. As for next year, we have to hit the portal HARD, and we need to pull some decent freshmen. I'd like to see us go after some BASKETBALL PLAYERS, vs the athletes we have been recruiting for a long time now. Hubbard was a start.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Isn't it about what "our fans are rabid and care about" though? I don't give a flying monkeys arse whether Boston College cares about our baseball team or not, why should that keep me from being a "rabid" baseball fan?
They play ball in the big ten, big12 and out west. Some alot of nation championships in that group. It's just the SEC is the SEC and we play good ball down here. We also have players from Iowa to Cali.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
I’ll take a couple of shooters from the mid major ranks any day.
Yes indeed (Wichita not a mid I suppose):

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What do Boston College fans put their care into???

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login