Maybe all the fans like me are the problem..

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I cared a whole lot more about all of our sports before this whole NIL / portal fiasco.
Had a lot more compassion back then too. Now with everyone but the fans seemingly cashing in on this sh!tshow, I’ve got a much stronger do your job well or get out mentality

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Had a lot more compassion back then too. Now with everyone but the fans seemingly cashing in on this sh!tshow, I’ve got a much stronger do your job well or get out mentality
I have had great pride and loyalty for State athletics and for the University pretty much my whole life. Been attending various ball games since 1960 when I was 6. I just don’t think there is much loyalty anymore by a large percentage of the athletes. Most don’t seem to appreciate the opportunity to receive a degree and simply have their hand out for an annual NIL shakedown. If that’s the way it’s going to be from now on, so be it. Those that want to support the programs in its current form can certainly do so. However, it’s just not for me as it currently stands. I was ready to give up our football tickets and Bulldog club membership this year but my wife talked me into one more year. I’m pretty sure this year is going to be it though. I haven’t attended a basketball game in two years now and only went to one baseball game in the last two years. I am just shifting my interest to other things. Part of our retirement plans included going to watch us play in all of the other SEC stadiums, except for Oxford and now that’s not going to happen. No way, no how. Hopefully the NCAA will be able to figure out how to save College athletics in something close to its old form but I am not optimistic. Between the courts and the prevailing attitude of many athletes I just don’t see it happening. I am not against the athletes receiving some financial benefit for their commitment but I don’t think many of them have any idea regarding what the word commitment really means.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Our fanbase hasn't really bought in to basketball since like 2005. Football was bad and we kinda went all in on the Mario Austin and Lawrence Roberts years. We've had some decent crowds here and there since, but you can easily tell the difference between our basketball support compared to fanbases that are all in on basketball.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I have had great pride and loyalty for State athletics and for the University pretty much my whole life. Been attending various ball games since 1960 when I was 6. I just don’t think there is much loyalty anymore by a large percentage of the athletes. Most don’t seem to appreciate the opportunity to receive a degree and simply have their hand out for an annual NIL shakedown. If that’s the way it’s going to be from now on, so be it. Those that want to support the programs in its current form can certainly do so. However, it’s just not for me as it currently stands. I was ready to give up our football tickets and Bulldog club membership this year but my wife talked me into one more year. I’m pretty sure this year is going to be it though. I haven’t attended a basketball game in two years now and only went to one baseball game in the last two years. I am just shifting my interest to other things. Part of our retirement plans included going to watch us play in all of the other SEC stadiums, except for Oxford and now that’s not going to happen. No way, no how. Hopefully the NCAA will be able to figure out how to save College athletics in something close to its old form but I am not optimistic. Between the courts and the prevailing attitude of many athletes I just don’t see it happening. I am not against the athletes receiving some financial benefit for their commitment but I don’t think many of them have any idea regarding what the word commitment really means.
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login