Maybe someone who was there can tell us the sequence of events ….

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
...or get up and do nothing because your ream won, a player from the other team is acting like a child, and you aren't actually hurt.

Let me know the last time retaliation succeeded on the field.
Kobe Bryant GIF
Tfd101 GIF by Tacoma FD

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You have to be trolling us at this point. That Illinois guy deserved to be rocked in the face.
The IL player was pulled a biatch move for sure.
And obviously he deserved to be dropkicked in the sack for that biatch move.
Just because someone deserves to get punched doesn't mean they should actually get punched.

No coach wants their program to be known for fighting at the end of a game. Arnett clearly didn't want fighting to happen/continue. Go call him soft.

Side note- not being able to type the actual word and instead typing 'biatch' is the most anti-SPS thing I've seen on here in years. The new board is great overall, but 17 it'd be better with a larger pool of words to choose from.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
What # was the ILL player who cheap shotted Forbes? I can't tell in the video
#14. Two players share that number, but I suspect it was WR Casey Washington because he appears to be taller than Forbes, while the other #14 is shorter.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
dear god,,,,what;s happened to this sport and these kids? This was pretty much every Moss Point v Goula game i ever saw or played in. Hell we did this to each other in practice.

Pretty good mobility and throw on the run by the Field Judge coming in from this angle. He squared his shoulders and got it easily 20+ yards downfield.

Last edited:

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
...or get up and do nothing because your ream won, a player from the other team is acting like a child, and you aren't actually hurt.

Says the dbag who responds as the moral authority to more threads than he should and continues his schtick in your PM’s after the thread gets locked

Reactions: WilCoDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ya know... I defend you (or at the very least your viewpoint) on here quite a bit, but goddammit if you don't make it hard sometimes.
SPS is gonna SPS every time. I am not surprised most here think fighting at the end of a game you won is the good decision, even when its based on a player on the losing team who had an emotional outburst of frustration and nobody was hurt.
'Nobody was hurt and a player cheap shot blocked one of ours in frustration?!?! hell yes they should beat the guy down! Clear the stands too!'

How did the coach take it? Was he happy to see the fighting? If he wasnt, and he wasnt, why are fans happy? He must be soft since he doesnt want to see them fighting.***

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Says the dbag who responds as the moral authority to more threads than he should and continues his schtick in your PM’s after the thread gets locked
? Its an opinion, not moral authority. If you value it as moral authority, thats on you. I typically respond to someone else's opinion and I dont view their comments or mine as the moral authority on any issue.
I have never declared my comments to be the moral authority on anything. I recommend you stop trying to view them as such.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The IL player was pulled a biatch move for sure.
And obviously he deserved to be dropkicked in the sack for that biatch move.
Just because someone deserves to get punched doesn't mean you should punch them.

No coach wants their program to be known for fighting at the end of a game. Arnett clearly didn't want fighting to happen/continue. Go call him soft.

Side note- not being able to type the actual word and instead typing 'biatch' is the most anti-SPS thing I've seen on here in years. The new board is great overall, but 17 it'd be better with a larger pool of words to choose from.
FTFY. It was a ***** move by the IL player. Would have been better to not retaliate. Not really upset that he did, but it would have been better if he hadn't. Not a huge deal either way.

Semi-OT, the world is a better place when people that deserve to get punched get punched. It gives people good incentives. The problem is that being a person that is good at judging who needs to get punched is negatively correlated with the how likely somebody is to give a punch.

sfnsfn

Apr 3, 2020

The IL player deserved a lot worse than what he got for that ridiculous cheap shot. I'd have kicked him in the nuts and stone cold stunned him at the 50 yd line.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The IL player deserved a lot worse than what he got for that ridiculous cheap shot. I'd have kicked him in the nuts and stone cold stunned him at the 50 yd line.
Like I posted earlier- SPS is gonna SPS and its not exactly a secret that this place is full of man-children who never learned to control their emotions and see the bigger picture.
Thank you for your input, I will add you to list of those who would have pissed off the new coach by fighting instead of walking away.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Like I posted earlier- SPS is gonna SPS and its not exactly a secret that this place is full of man-children who never learned to control their emotions and see the bigger picture.
Thank you for your input, I will add you to list of those who would have pissed off the new coach by fighting instead of walking away.
And glfr gonna glfr and go against the flow on SPS and claim moral superiority over everyone.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
To me it looked like our coach was standing waiting on the sideline reporter but with all the commotion she could not find him. It took 10 minutes for her to find Rogers. He looked like he didn't want to be there and that he really wanted to be back in locker room.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
And glfr gonna glfr and go against the flow on SPS and claim moral superiority over everyone.
Still am just voicing an opinion and commenting further on the discussion. I dont think I am morally superior, have not said so, and have not hinted so.
If you think I am claiming moral superiority, thats something for you to explore internally.

Everyone here has said what they would do/what they want done in that situation.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016

Meh. I guess you think the same way about all the guys walking down sidewalks cold cocking old men and women. What do they call it? the Knock Out Game. You probably think the thugs are just having a little fun.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Meh. I guess you think the same way about all the guys walking down sidewalks cold cocking old men and women. What do they call it? the Knock Out Game. You probably think the thugs are just having a little fun.
Thats a helluva conclusion to come to.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login