MBB Florida Game Thread (Must Win?)

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
We gotta cut our losses and replace Rick Ray Jans as soon as we can.

He’s giving Kenny Payne a run at worst coach of the year award

• Sad
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Davis from zero to hero quick on that possession.

No foul on the follow through?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We gotta cut our losses and replace Rick Ray Jans as soon as we can.

He’s giving Kenny Payne a run at worst coach of the year award
If you’re not trolling this is one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on here. Kenny Payne has a 2-17 record at LOUISVILLE. That seems almost impossible that a team with Louisville’s pedigree could be that bad. They won’t win five games this season.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
WHAT the hell was that last possession about? Florida should have never been given that time out but of course, they brought their own referees today which helps.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
No Tolu in the game the final 34 seconds either. Game ends with two shots around the rim too.

Boy - that seems like a big personnel decision by Jans.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Based on the Grizzlies game last night and State’s game tonight, I predict the Cowboys will have a pass interference call that puts SF in go ahead FG range with about 3 seconds left.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Tolu murdered us in the first half. He needs some sort of reset to get right. Had to sit him most of the second half to make it a game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No Tolu in the game the final 34 seconds either. Game ends with two shots around the rim too.

That's OK he would've either thrown it over the backboard or maybe, just maybe, gotten a foul and bricked both free throws.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Tolu is far from clutch. I didn’t mind him not being in. But, shi®t, we are really low on even serviceable basketball players.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We are not good and somehow every team we play seems to have great games against us. You have to really work hard to lose home games like this.

We have no leader and we are losing what little heart we have. Games just don't matter and we just can't win against even the worst teams when we play them at the hump.

Really sad to see. We just aren't reliably good at all. At any position. Top to bottom. Below average in every possible way.

We make mistakes that freshmen don't even make. Every single player is playing with very low confidence. It's really sad to see.

It's well known we are easy to beat. Cellar dwellers. Pitiful.

Last edited:

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
We are not good and somehow every team we play seems to have great games against us. You have to really work hard to lose home games like this.

We have no leader and we are losing what little heart we have. Games just don't matter and we just can't win against even the worst teams when we play them at the hump.

Really sad to see. We just aren't reliably good at all. At any position. Top to bottom. Below average in every possible way.

We make mistakes that freshmen don't even make. Every single player is playing with very low confidence. It's really sad to see.

It's well known we are easy to beat. Cellar dwellers. Pitiful.

Could be headed for a Mississippi showdown on Wednesday of the SECT.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
MSU -2
O/u 129
MSU ML -140
Folks, this a rebuild project. It's going to take 2-3 years for Jans to get the players he needs into our system. Howland is a very good coach, but he could not get his teams to play the type D you need to win consistently. If he had Jans's defensive ability, Ben's teams would have made a couple to three more appearances in the Dance during his tenure. He was close, but could never get over the hump, so-to-speak to make the Dance more than the one time he did. Be patient with Jans. We'll get there. Just support the team as best we can and give them the motivation to play in front of big crowds. I think each year, we'll add 2-3 more wins that we didn't get this year. We're not going to the Dance unless we majically start hitting 3's like crazy. We did better tonight, but it needs to keep improving. I think Jans has now seen what kind of athletes all the other SEC teams have and realizes what it will take regarding recruiting. And of course it would help if he had some NIL $$ to work with for portal purchases.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
The issue is not Jans having to get his players. The issue is that D1 players should be able to make free throws and point blank shots. We are shooting 61% from the free throw line. Against Georgia we shot 31% from the line. I can only imagine how frustrated the girlfriends of our players are right now knowing their man has trouble finishing around the hole. I'm not in the fire Jans crowd but there has to be some signs of improvement even if the final score doesn't fall in our favor. We are our own worst enemy.

Reactions: onewoof

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There's actually a 6'5" girl on campus who probably still can't dunk, but she can damn sure nail a bunch of 10' turnaround jumpers.

Have the men hit one of those all season???

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The network showed State players practicing shots before the game last night and it all seemed so lackadaisical. Like they were in slow motion.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login