MBB Game Thread: @ Arkansas….

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
No Iverson, no Brooks, no Tolu for a minute right before the 8media timeout. Ugly basketball from MSU in that stretch.
I noticed this as well and was wondering what the hell we were doing. That was a MAJOR blow to our chances to win this game.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Ark hitting everything in the last 2 minutes of the game. Looks like we’re coming up short.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Might be the junkiest game I've seen in the last 10 years. Embarrassing for both teams

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
How we won a national championship with me in Omaha is one of life’s great mysteries.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
I just never get the feeling we are going to win a close game at the end.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Arkansas actually did us a favor by jacking up that needless, stupid 3-pointer, but of course it went in.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Yep, I think this one was the one we needed when all is said and done.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The schedule sure doesn’t get any easier with the Vols, @LSU, and @Bama. I mean… now we pretty much need 2 of 3 out of those while taking care of business against Missou and Vandy. All that just to have a chance

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The schedule sure doesn’t get any easier with the Vols, @LSU, and @Bama. I mean… now we pretty much need 2 of 3 out of those while taking care of business against Missou and Vandy. All that just to have a chance

Very few teams play on the road well in the SEC. Auburn almost got beat by Georgia today at Georgia. LSU lost to Vanderbilt today. We haven't shown anything about being a good team on the road so well we may not be alone in this in the SEC we are probably one of the worst road teams in the conference.

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
I guess I’m a glass half full kinda fan but given our apparent inability to win on the road and Barnes has his team winning, I’m getting the feeling that Arkansas was the beginning of an 0-4 stretch. That Arky game was critical to set us up for any kind of post season and we blew it in the last 90 secs. LSU is not good and Bama’s success depends on them sinking a ton of 3’s. So I fully expect LSU to find its mojo and AL to get hot this week.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I was at the game tonight and man… we were right there. Brooks is a big man with a guard mentality. He is way too soft with the ball. Had it just taken from him several times and had a few opportunities to go up with two for a shot at a dunk and a foul but went up soft and still missed and then missed free throws. We have to have more out of him or really anyone else. Happy to see Tolu back. If we have him back and healthy 100% we probably win tonight. Could just tell he was a little sluggish especially on defense. Arkansas just has a few dudes with that dog in em to hit clutch shots and make big plays. It doesn’t seem like we have any of that right now from our guys.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
There's nothing at all pretty about the way Arkansas plays. They might be the most oddball team in the SEC. They shot at 20% most of the game until the last 3 minutes. At home lol. Those last two 3 pointers - ugly but they went in.

It's funny that we didn't let Rupp arena get in our heads against a much much better KY team. But it did look like Brooks was bothered tonight other than the 3 point line (2 for 4).

We got nothing from DJ (1 banked in 3 that was ruled a 2) or Moore and nothing from our bench. That's going to have to change to win on the road. 100% Tolu helps tonight but we ran out of gas and any momentum at the final 2 minutes We just need to get a win or two to get some momentum for the rest of the season. We are close. That's what makes it so hard to watch.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I guess I’m a glass half full kinda fan but given our apparent inability to win on the road and Barnes has his team winning, I’m getting the feeling that Arkansas was the beginning of an 0-4 stretch. That Arky game was critical to set us up for any kind of post season and we blew it in the last 90 secs. LSU is not good and Bama’s success depends on them sinking a ton of 3’s. So I fully expect LSU to find its mojo and AL to get hot this week.

#MeToo. The Kentucky game could have changed all of this but I would not one surprised to lose almost all our remaining games. They've showed nothing to make me think otherwise. All they have to do is play a normal game and score in the 70's but they play at the level of competition... no more, no less. The same team took Kentucky overtime on their home court they couldn't find a basket with two hands a flashlight and a map.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We need to go 2-2 in this 4 game stretch @ Ark, Tenn, @ LSU and @ Bama. Of those, already lost in Fayetteville and a win in Tuscaloosa seems unlikely.

Wednesday’s game hosting Tennessee is massive.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
We need to go 2-2 in this 4 game stretch @ Ark, Tenn, @ LSU and @ Bama. Of those, already lost in Fayetteville and a win in Tuscaloosa seems unlikely.

Wednesday’s game hosting Tennessee is massive.

That game is winnable -- especially if they play like they did at the end of the first half of the Arky game

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login