MBB Game Thread: Washington State

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I heard Purcell talking yesterday in response to a question about the NCAA tournament about NET and if I understood him correctly, margin of victory was a consideration.

Is that correct and if so how is that factored on who gets in or on seeding?

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I really like this team. Do many different ways to attack. The SEC is stacked this year but we should make some noise.

Definitely more fun watching them than this football game

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I heard Purcell talking yesterday in response to a question about the NCAA tournament about NET and if I understood him correctly, margin of victory was a consideration.

Is that correct and if so how is that factored on who gets in or on seeding?
If I’m remembering right, originally it was a factor up to ten points, so you wanted to win by at least ten but there wasn’t a difference in winning by 10 and winning by 50. Not sure if anything has changed in the last couple years

Reactions: SteelCurtain74

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
If I’m remembering right, originally it was a factor up to ten points, so you wanted to win by at least ten but there wasn’t a difference in winning by 10 and winning by 50. Not sure if anything has changed in the last couple years

looks like there are also some efficiency metrics that I didn’t know about

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m pretty sure they eliminated the scoring margin one. Or at least the 10+ point margin one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login