McCready is saying it’s Lebby…

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That he’ll be in Starkville tonight, but the deal is basically done. Just over $5M per year. He adds that he’s not officially reporting it, but McCready would know.

If that turns out to be true, this coaching search has gone about as well as it could. Lebby was right at the top of MSU’s list. I think we got our guy.

Hope you’re ready for 6’3 300 lbs coach with a dip in and blaring Tyler Childers.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Very low floor, high ceiling. More of a crapshoot than the others, but I’ll allow it.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
That he’ll be in Starkville tonight, but the deal is basically done. Just over $5M per year. He adds that he’s not officially reporting it, but McCready would know.

If that turns out to be true, this coaching search has gone about as well as it could. Lebby was right at the top of MSU’s list. I think we got our guy.

Hope you’re ready for 6’3 300 lbs coach with a dip in and blaring Tyler Childers.
In our current situation I think it is a good hire. I don’t know how it will turn out but I am pleased with who we got.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

I love the lm not reporting this part of it. Ummm. Yes you are. It’s like the inverse of Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I figure our guys were told not to say anything until after the OU games. But OM's asshat had to leak it first.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

Hope you’re ready for 6’3 300 lbs coach with a dip in and blaring Tyler Childers

McCready reminds me a lot of Jett Johnson. Ya see, runners get by Jet and he jumps on their back. McCready waits til the cat is outta the bag and then jumps in saying he knows this/that. Now, it probably is Lebby but Mr. Not a Fan is not the guy I'd trust for my news on this.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'm just going to have to treat him like one of our recruits. If he comes here I'm all in for him I but won't have a clue how he'll do until the bright lights come on.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I love the lm not reporting this part of it. Ummm. Yes you are. It’s like the inverse of Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy
the office bankrupcy GIF

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'll get behind it. Can he recruit? Maybe he can bring some transfers or recruits with him.
One potential plus is that he’s supposedly the sole reason they signed Jackson Arnold - 5* QB. They have a good relationship. If Dillon Gabriel leaves for the draft, he’ll be the OU starter next year. But if he returns, it might be wide open for him to transfer.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
One potential plus is that he’s supposedly the sole reason they signed Jackson Arnold - 5* QB. They have a good relationship. If Dillon Gabriel leaves for the draft, he’ll be the OU starter next year. But if he returns, it might be wide open for him to transfer.
Interesting concept you open up. As part of the interview process in today's environment, you have to factor in who a potential coach can bring with them if you hire em.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
McCready reminds me a lot of Jett Johnson. Ya see, runners get by Jet and he jumps on their back. McCready waits til the cat is outta the bag and then jumps in saying he knows this/that. Now, it probably is Lebby but Mr. Not a Fan is not the guy I'd trust for my news on this.
McReady reminds me of the loud-mouth Ole Miss fan that graduated from Ivy Tech

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
He makes 5.7 over 3 years now, and we are tripling his yearly salary with NO HC experience?
Lowballing coaches is part of the reason we are in the situation we are in. If you want to be in a big boy league you have to pay the price. You think somebody is gonna take our job and all the headaches that come with it for the same salary they are making as an assistant? Doesn’t work that way

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Lowballing coaches is part of the reason we are in the situation we are in. If you want to be in a big boy league you have to pay the price. You think somebody is gonna take our job and all the headaches that come with it for the same salary they are making as an assistant? Doesn’t work that way
Agree when it comes to getting a sitting P5 h/c or a good G5 h/c but when it comes to assistants, well this reportedly 3x what Lebby is making per year at OK.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If y’all really want to see squalling, wait until we hire Lebby, A&M hires Kiffin, and UMISS hires Chadwell.
But yeah, the Lebby deal was been done for quite a while. Too bad nobody wanted to listen to Other Kind.
I don’t see Kiffin at AM. UCLA on the other hand

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I know how it works. Tripling an OC’s salary certainly is not lowballing. This guy will have to learn the ABCs of a new profession on our payroll. And as far behind the 8 ball our football program is, this seems like a questionable hire. I just hope he knows how to work the transfer portal….

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
His resume is pretty much Mullen's when we hired him...but Lebby is a way better recruiter.
Is it nowhere close to what mullen’s was. Mullen and Meyer developed their own offensive system and Mullen was always the play caller. Plus the biggest glaring difference is that Mullen made it work at schools like bowling green and Utah. Lebby was under lane Kiffin and Kiffin was the real OC there. At Lebby has been at Oklahoma working with Oklahoma talent. Resumes not even close.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login