Melvin Hayes

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
i was there... also Peyton Manning came in midway through the game for his 1st collegiate action...
Yep I saw his first TD pass. I think he came into the season as the 3rd string QB behind Colquitt and Todd Helton. If memory serves me correctly his first TD was on an out pattern and the MSU DB Davidson should have had a pick six but miss-played the ball and the UT WR went untouched for about a 70 yard TD

Reactions: drexeldog23

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
saw his first TD pass. I think he came into the season as the 3rd string QB behind Colquitt and Todd Helton. If memory serves me correctly his first TD was on an out pattern and the MSU DB Davidson should have had a pick six but miss-played the ball and the UT WR went untouched for about a 70 yard TD

Yep I saw his first TD pass. I think he came into the season as the 3rd string QB behind Colquitt and Todd Helton. If memory serves me correctly his first TD was on an out pattern and the MSU DB Davidson should have had a pick six but miss-played the ball and the UT WR went untouched for about a 70 yard TD
my memory is somewhat hazy because i was only 23 and prone to fits of drunkenness , this being one. i remember we had like a 14 or 17 point lead and then they put Manning in and he led their comeback. then at the end we shocked them the TE rollout to Watkins. one of my favorite plays of all time. not game related but after the game i remember a Tennessee fan dressed head to toe in all orange, im talking pants, shoes shirt , tie and sports jacket walking through the parking lot and everyone singing "nananana" to him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login