Memphis Game Thread

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Aaron Downs finally turned the corner
We’re hell on wheels if Hujsak and Downs are producing. You feel like you know what we have in Larry, DJ, Hines and Mershon. Pretty soon that’s a pitcher fighting for his life 1-6 in our lineup. Hard to ask for more than that.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
We’re hell on wheels if Hujsak and Downs are producing. You feel like you know what we have in Larry, DJ, Hines and Mershon. Pretty soon that’s a pitcher fighting for his life 1-6 in our lineup. Hard to ask for more than that.
Yea Hujsak coming on too. Now we just need to get Chance ramped up

Reactions: WrightGuy821

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m not watching right now but it looks like Memphis replaced a pitcher with a 16.87 ERA with one with a 15.88 ERA
Shock What GIF by Ananya Birla

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
And this is why college baseball is a great sport and State baseball is fun to watch. Nothing wrong with ending a day of work and dinner and enjoying State win a mid-week game. When I started watching, it didn't look good but maybe this team is much improved from last year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Two weekend wins over reigning champ and perennial conference rival, not indicative of future performance. Two midweek losses and an early deficit in another, indicative of future performance.
To be fair, it’s two weekend wins over the reigning champs, versus three midweek losses as well as failing to sweep Air Force or Georgia southern. i think people would be cautiously optimistic about this team most years. After the last two years, they (or I guess we since I’m included) are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I don’t know enough about baseball or pay attention enough to have a strong prediction, but as nice as it is to take two from LSU, what I’ve seen overall isn’t enough to make me confident we can handle the SEC grind. If I had to bet money, I’d bet all the stupid mistakes plus not having a talent advantage over most conference opponents is going to result in a year that’s better than last year but still pretty mediocre with us being one of the last sec teams to get a bid or one of the first ones out.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
This team needs to find one or two more good starting pitchers. Hitting is there altho it's a little slow coming round sometimes but we don't have enough starting quality pitchers. Maybe as the year rolls along a couple will step forward or dome of these returning from injury can round into form. We might be dangerous then. They definitely don't have any quit in them. I remember a team a few years back that always seemed to find a way to claw their way back for a win

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

patdog

May 28, 2007
To be fair, it’s two weekend wins over the reigning champs, versus three midweek losses as well as failing to sweep Air Force or Georgia southern. i think people would be cautiously optimistic about this team most years. After the last two years, they (or I guess we since I’m included) are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I don’t know enough about baseball or pay attention enough to have a strong prediction, but as nice as it is to take two from LSU, what I’ve seen overall isn’t enough to make me confident we can handle the SEC grind. If I had to bet money, I’d bet all the stupid mistakes plus not having a talent advantage over most conference opponents is going to result in a year that’s better than last year but still pretty mediocre with us being one of the last sec teams to get a bid or one of the first ones out.
To be fair, taking 2 of 3 from the reigning champs hasn't been much of an accomplishment the last 2 years. It's a bit more this year, but not as much as you'd think. I doubt LSU hosts this year, and beating a non-host team 2 of 3 at home is a good weekend, but nothing special.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We need to start DHing Nolan Stevens instead of Chance vs right handed pitching. Stevens is a special talent with a much much higher ceiling than Chance.

Agree. Chance has had his opportunties. He's a role player. Role players dont need to start daily. Seems like matching him up would work best.. and give a young talent some chances to develop as well.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login