Men's and Women's BBall

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Excited for both seasons, but all they've proven with undefeated seasons thus far is they are clearly Top 100 teams and likely Top 50 teams. We have much to learn and assess.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think you’re being a little generous with the womens team. They’re talented but have little in the post. They’re going to get smoked by bigger teams.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Top 100? The mens team will easily be top 50. Probably top #25 soon

The men's highest quality win will be tonight, by less than 20 over a Detroit team that is likely not a Top 200 team. In other words, the jury is excited, but out.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I think you’re being a little generous with the womens team. They’re talented but have little in the post. They’re going to get smoked by bigger teams.

Generous in what way? You think they're not Top 100, which was my only solid statement??

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The women arent good. They'll get killed in conference. Wait and see on guys. The schedule sucks like an OM sorority girl.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The women have zero quality size to speak of, I don’t really expect them to be a tournament team. The men don’t have any real excuse to miss the tourney.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
The men's highest quality win will be tonight, by less than 20 over a Detroit team that is likely not a Top 200 team. In other words, the jury is excited, but out.

Based on talent level this team should be top #25 at some point. This is easily the most talented team since 2004-2005. I know the competition isn’t great, but I haven’t seen any holes in this team. It seems everyone that gets significant playing time, has looked really good. Hell, we haven’t even seen Tulu with this team yet. Long way to go, but I love what I see. Hardly have any complaints

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The women arent good. They'll get killed in conference. Wait and see on guys. The schedule sucks like an OM sorority girl.

I was reasonably specific in how good I think they are. When you want to get more specific than "aren't good" maybe we can have a discussion, otherwise you have no point and should read more, type less.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The women have zero quality size to speak of, I don’t really expect them to be a tournament team. The men don’t have any real excuse to miss the tourney.

They started a McDonald's AA in the post last game. There is potential.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
They started a McDonald's AA in the post last game. There is potential.

That McDonald’s AA is a senior that has averaged like 5 points a game her career. Tough to tell much at all against a weak schedule. They have a big game against a Top 15 Michigan team next weekend, win that one and I’ll start buying in. But I currently don’t have many expectations.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

South Dakota State is the best mid-major program in all of women's basketball over the last decade.

That was a quality win over a team that's been a single-digit seed in the last 3 NCAA Tournaments and probably will again this year.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That McDonald’s AA is a senior that has averaged like 5 points a game her career. Tough to tell much at all against a weak schedule. They have a big game against a Top 15 Michigan team next weekend, win that one and I’ll start buying in. But I currently don’t have many expectations.

You're statement was they have "zero quality size'. Is that really true?

And a loss to a quality Michigan team won't mean they aren't solid. It will just mean they aren't Top 15, which is likely.

Last edited:

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Not top 100?? That's a pretty low mark. I can see maybe not top 50, and certainly not top 25 (not yet anyway), but give them a little credit.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
South Dakota State is the best mid-major program in all of women's basketball over the last decade.

That was a quality win over a team that's been a single-digit seed in the last 3 NCAA Tournaments and probably will again this year.

Dont shock the know it all's with actual knowledge, it hurts their pride.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
You're statement was they have "zero quality size'. Is that really true?

And a loss to a quality Michigan team won't mean they aren't solid. It will just mean they aren't Top 15, which is likely.

I would offer opinions on both teams, but it appears you've started this thread for confirmation bias only. Maybe you should take you're own advice and post less.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I would offer opinions on both teams, but it appears you've started this thread for confirmation bias only. Maybe you should take you're own advice and post less.

Please offer any opinion you have. I don't want confirmation, just a discussion based on some knowledge and facts. Instead I got some opinions that I don't agree with that weren't supported by much of anything.

I didn't say anything earth shattering or in my mind even controversial in the OP.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What data or facts would you like? They have one decent post player on the roster who’s not done much in college. It’s not hard to see they will struggle against teams with size.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What data or facts would you like? They have one decent post player on the roster who’s not done much in college. It’s not hard to see they will struggle against teams with size.

I don't disagree with you at all on the size issue. It's clearly the biggest problem for this team. They are rotating 3 girls at the 5 with some size, but they need to develop quickly or it will be a big issue.

That said, the guard play should be really good. There's a ton of experience and scoring potential there. The Tulane transfer Jordan has been lights out and Myah has 27 assist s in 3 games.

They have tourney potential if they can fit all the new pieces together quickly.

All I said initially was they are clearly Top 100 and likely Top 50. I don't think that's generous.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login