Mens team link.. i like this team

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve enjoyed it. More enjoyable than listening to Kara Lawson drone on commentating on ESPN.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The commentary flat out sucked. They had no idea if both teams were in the bonus or double bonus, didn't even attempt to pronounce some names, and straight up only talked about covering a first half bet for the last 6 minutes.

I did like that they were blunt and honest about the play from both teams - they aren't afraid to say the teams suck on offense.

But really, shut the 17 up about your own bets. It's promotional, clearly, and it sucked to listen to.
I would almost rather listen to Mowens. Almost.

Reactions: MSUDawg25

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If this team had an Aric Holman we would be so much better off
That dude was shat on by this board so hard a few years ago and it's a shame. He was damn solid. Best outside shooter and could rebound.
But he is tall and didn't sit on the block so many SPS folks couldn't see his value.

Reactions: The Fatboy

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
The commentary flat out sucked. They had no idea if both teams were in the bonus or double bonus, didn't even attempt to pronounce some names, and straight up only talked about covering a first half bet for the last 6 minutes.

I did like that they were blunt and honest about the play from both teams - they aren't afraid to say the teams suck on offense.

But really, shut the 17 up about your own bets. It's promotional, clearly, and it sucked to listen to.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

You obviously have no experience with Barstool.

You either like it or you don't.

Reactions: dawgdoug1962

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
That dude was shat on by this board so hard a few years ago and it's a shame. He was damn solid. Best outside shooter and could rebound.
But he is tall and didn't sit on the block so many SPS folks couldn't see his value.
He was literally the perfect stretch 4. But howland played him more than Perry and somehow Holman got the blame for poor coaching

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

They aren’t professional announcers so it’s going to be a little rough around the edges. Doesn’t really bother me.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
He didn’t hustle, rebound, and was a complete liability on the defensive end. If his shot wasn’t falling(which was half of all games), he was worthless on the offensive end.

SilkyJ

Sep 29, 2022

As I’m watching I’m thinking I like this but wondering if I’m just drunk. Then I read your comments and realized I’m right, I like it. As long as you and I disagree, I feel good about myself and life in general.

we can’t score though.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
God we don't have any offensive team identity. We haven't figured out who our go to guys are.

again it's early. but still...

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I see McNair is the token Mississippi State big man that can’t hold on to the ball

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I finally figured out what the commentators were doing and why they were doing it

This team does have some talent. I'm interested to see how they come together start in January/February.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

And everything.. "that's a foul"

Reactions: mstateglfr

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
God we don't have any offensive team identity. We haven't figured out who our go to guys are.

again it's early. but still...
They are coming alive.

But you are right. First half was like "Am I suppose to shoot this?"

So long as they play this type of defense every game, I'm happy to wait for them to get hot

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
BTW... This Akron team was the MAC Championship team. Mac Tourney Team winner...

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I tried watching it and I just can’t. Guy is just going on and on about betting the over and what he needs to happen. I don’t give a schitt about his personal gambling needs.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I tried watching it and I just can’t. Guy is just going on and on about betting the over and what he needs to happen. I don’t give a schitt about his personal gambling needs.

They're giving it to us free on the internet. I don't really care if they want to promote douches.

Gambling is a huge part of their business. Hell, BW picking games for another outlet is how they found him and hired him.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Barstool has its place. It was o.k. in an unconventional way, but I don't need to see Dave and the others calling a game anytime soon. This basketball team, though. Might be a good one this year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They are coming alive.

But you are right. First half was like "Am I suppose to shoot this?"

So long as they play this type of defense every game, I'm happy to wait for them to get hot
They found their groove (finally) and looked great. Liked the coaching styles a lot. I thought I was watching Old MSU basketball. He made them play through the rough patch without a timeout, figure things out on the court, and seriously wore a good team down till they couldn't shoot or rebound anymore.

Great scoring Duo but everyone can:

Score
Handle the ball
REBOUND
Shoot Free Throws. (WTF)

We have the team that can make some noise this season Let/s see what they will do but it looks like fun times ahead.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is two games in a row that rotating 10 guys consistently has worn down the opponent. I like that he feels like he's got that many he can throw out there.

Tolu's got a chance to be in the conversation for some All American teams this year. He is a stud.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is two games in a row that rotating 10 guys consistently has worn down the opponent. I like that he feels like he's got that many he can throw out there.
I haven't seen that done that well and never by our team. Our guys were laughing and in good shape. No hands on the hips and their body language never looked bad... even when we hit the tough stretch.

I know it's been a long time since I've seen a Mississippi State men's basketball team, as physically strong as this one is.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login