Merging men's and women's stats

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Shameful? Ha, what is the NCAA actually doing that has trivialized this?
The scoring record was mentioned on their site, but that's no different from the 5,438 other sites that also released an article about the record.

And if she now holds this supposed record, then that means Maravich held it for the last 40+ years. So it was either a record he held, or it is not a record because the games are too different. It can't be both, yet poutraged folk seem to currently argue it as both.
I dont remember anyone losing their poop these last 4 decades while a man held the 'record'.

Anyways, really now- what specifically is the NCAA doing that is shameful and trivializing? It better be a lot, for those charged accusations to be applicable.
How about not applying proper context to the situation?

🎤👇

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
IMG_1710.jpeg
Incredulous Come On GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
How about not applying proper context to the situation?

🎤👇
So you feel like the ncaa didn't provide enough quality context around a record that doesn't actually exist?...and that rises to the level of declaring the organization shameful?

The ncaa is shameful for plenty of ream and actually important things. No need to clutch those pearls and cry shame here too.

Good lord, people get in a tizzy over the goofiest of things.
...and others get into a tizzy over what others get into a tizzy for.

Reactions: Dawgg

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
So you feel like the ncaa didn't provide enough quality context around a record that doesn't actually exist?...and that rises to the level of declaring the organization shameful?

The ncaa is shameful for plenty of ream and actually important things. No need to clutch those pearls and cry shame here too.

Good lord, people get in a tizzy over the goofiest of things.
...and others get into a tizzy over what others get into a tizzy for.
I can’t make heads of tails of what you’re saying. And, no, it’s not me. Try not to dirty up your Caitlin jersey whilst celebrating tonight!

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
And, there was no 3-point shot in those days.

I saw Pistol Pete play once when LSU came to State. The guy was fantastic. I've never seen anybody, college or NBA, that could handle and shoot the ball like he did. He was literally dribbling the ball through our players' legs. The only thing remotely comparable are members of the Harlem Globetrotters, except Pete was playing for real.
I wouldn’t say nobody could compare to him considering when he got to the NBA he was not the best player in the league.

Reactions: Dawgg

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
It is not officially merging. I am talking about the need for all sports and social media to present it in that fashion. It is not just ESPN. The fact is there is no way for her to break Pete Maravich's record and it shouldn't even be discussed.
Isaac Stansbury would crush Clark's record in about 2 seasons if he were allowed to play on a women's team.

Hubbard would reach the record in less than a season, if he wanted to.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login