Midland the band

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Any Midland fans on here? I’ve been listening to them lately. Reminds me of the golden age 90’s country. Good stuff

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Back in the 2000s, I liked an alt rock band called Fair to Midland. Dance of the Manatee with the shizz.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Texas Country and Americana is some fine music. Great bands popping up every day. Obviously Midland has been around for a while but there is a lot of good stuff out there!!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Most of those guys are from LA and don't have any roots in country. It's a produced sound. They were all in different types of bands and then started that "retro" country group based on producer input. Was an article about it a few years ago.

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
Back in the 2000s, I liked an alt rock band called Fair to Midland. Dance of the Manatee with the shizz.
Saw them open for Chevelle at the Bottling Co in downtown Hattiesburg. Best part of the show was the fight.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Most of those guys are from LA and don't have any roots in country. It's a produced sound. They were all in different types of bands and then started that "retro" country group based on producer input. Was an article about it a few years ago.

This is correct they are not Texas country it's all marketing. If you want the real deal Listen to Mike and the Moon Pies.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Midland/Odessa is a hell hole. It's no wonder why they like HS football so much. There's nothing else to do.

TankOwens

Sep 21, 2012
I stumbled on to Midland about a year and a half ago and I have really enjoyed their music. Their live at the Palomino is great.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
This is correct they are not Texas country it's all marketing. If you want the real deal Listen to Mike and the Moon Pies.

True in the technical sense but much rather them try to imitate Texas Country/Americana than that Nashville crap.

Agree on Mike and the Moon Pies or Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers, Wade Bowen, Jason Bowland, Turnpike, Jinks, etc.

dawgdr

Feb 27, 2008
My favorite is Koe Wetzel rigjt now. Hear him played on some texas country playlists but I really don’t think he fits there perfectly. Kind of everywhere depending on song. Midland to fang twangy.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
His slower deep catalogue stuff fits the genre but make no mistake about it if you see him in concert it is a full on Rock show....and that kind of Rock is alive and well....salute to Whiskey Meyers too!!

MarkDallas

Aug 27, 2014

Yes, I was disappointed when I read the article too. But then I got over it. Why should I be upset that a producer figured out how to replicate a sound that I like? Isn't that a good thing? I try not to think too deep about it and just listen to music I like.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login