Mike Gundy to Starkville

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Are you cool with beating Ole Miss four times in 18 seasons, because that's what Mike's used to in his rivalry game?

Reactions: AFDawg and Fang1

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Are you cool with beating Ole Miss four times in 18 seasons, because that's what Mike's used to in his rivalry game?
Holy hell, how do you even make this comparison? Our fans are morons

But yeah, agree with @Maroon13, this ain't happening, one of those too good to ever be true sorta deals

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He would be great but he's been there forever. I don't see him leaving. He is one of those rare life coaches basically. Leach had had other stops. Hasn't he been there 20 something years as assistant and head coach?

Reactions: Maroon13

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

But yeah, agree with @Maroon13, this ain't happening, one of those too good to ever be true sorta deals
You got some nerve talking about fans being morons after the show you put on here yesterday.

He made a valid point. You don't want a guy who has a history of getting his butt kicked in rivalry games.

• Sad

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023

Exactly. OU is a powerhouse compared to okie state, same thing with UW compared to WSU, this year is a good example with UW, they are loaded with nfl players. Stupid comparison

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Every time I hear his name I can't help but think of 2 things:
- World Class Mullet. He's got a Dog the Bounty Hunter and Billy Ray Cyrus World Class one
-I'm 40, I'm a MAN!

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah, those things aren't the same. OK is not Georgia, and OK St is not Georgia Tech.
Actually, your argument is worse than you think.

Oklahoma is better than Georgia (#6 vs. #12), and Georgia Tech is WAY better than Oklahoma State (29 vs. 97).

Time to step away from the computer drebin. I'm sure you will grasp at straws and try to say that all-time doesn't matter. Stop, it does, history plays directly into the type of programs they are now and the potential they have. Any strides OSU made as a program this century were because Gundy helped them get there, meanwhile OU was still one of the top 5 programs of this century. That's a serious uphill climb in one of the most lopsided series out there. A good bit more than UGA/Tech. Georgia Tech won a 17in national title in 1990.

Night night, clown.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Actually, your argument is worse than you think.

Oklahoma is better than Georgia (#6 vs. #12), and Georgia Tech is WAY better than Oklahoma State (29 vs. 97).

Time to step away from the computer drebin. I'm sure you will grasp at straws and try to say that all-time doesn't matter. Stop, it does, history plays directly into the type of programs they are now and the potential they have. Any strides OSU made as a program this century were because Gundy helped them get there, meanwhile OU was still one of the top 5 programs of this century. That's a serious uphill climb in one of the most lopsided series out there. A good bit more than UGA/Tech. Georgia Tech won a 17in national title in 1990.

Night night, clown.
Way to move the goalposts there, dipshit. I didn't realize Gundy had been the coach at Oklahoma State since 1901.

Eric Cartman GIF by South Park

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Way to move the goalposts there, dipshit. I didn't realize Gundy had been the coach at Oklahoma State since 1901.
You did exactly as I said you would.

I'm sure you will grasp at straws and try to say that all-time doesn't matter. Stop, it does, history plays directly into the type of programs they are now and the potential they have. Any strides OSU made as a program this century were because Gundy helped them get there, meanwhile OU was still one of the top 5 programs of this century. That's a serious uphill climb in one of the most lopsided series out there. A good bit more than UGA/Tech. Georgia Tech won a 17in national title in 1990.
Reread, clown. This is worse than when you posted facebook evidence.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Four times in 18 tries is still a better clip than OSU has won against OU, a perennial national championship contender, since the 1930s.

Gundy is a great coach, but he is fighting a significant uphill battle and he isn’t coming here.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You did exactly as I said you would.

Reread, clown. This is worse than when you posted facebook evidence.
Do you ever get exhausted from shitposting on SPS?

Mike Gundy has one losing season in 17 years at Oklahoma State, and that was his first season. 12 of those seasons he's finished ranked in the postseason polls, including all but two in the CFP era. Let's stop pretending there's some huge gap between them an Oklahoma over that time. Oklahoma is a powerhouse program but OK State has been as well. Gundy should have a better record head to head. Comparing this series currently to Ga/Ga Tech is nothing short of retarded.

Yeah, Ok State was really bad in the 20s and 30s, man, you really got me there.

Jesus Christ you're an idiot.

• Sad

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Do you ever get exhausted from shitposting on SPS?

Mike Gundy has one losing season in 17 years at Oklahoma State, and that was his first season. 12 of those seasons he's finished ranked in the postseason polls, including all but two in the CFP era. Let's stop pretending there's some huge gap between them an Oklahoma over that time. Oklahoma is a powerhouse program but OK State has been as well. Gundy should have a better record head to head. Comparing this series currently to Ga/Ga Tech is nothing short of retarded.

Just take your L. You came in here hot-doggin' and trying to beat me, and you lost your logic in the process.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Actually, the 1920s and 1930s was the only time Okie State was competitive in the series.

Edited because OSU has never had the advantage in this series

Last edited:

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

“Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” – Greg King
“Arguing with an idiot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” – Unknown
“Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sheet on the board and strut around like it won anyway.” – Scott Dikkers
“Arguing with an idiot is like playing tennis against a brick wall. You’ll never win, and you’ll only end up hurting yourself.” – Unknown
“Arguing with an idiot is like trying to teach a fish to ride a bicycle. It’s a waste of time and it doesn’t work.” – Unknown

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I was waiting for you to post again and say you forgot the sarcastrisks. Made it thru the thread...and nothing.

Wow.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I was waiting for you to post again and say you forgot the sarcastrisks. Made it thru the thread...and nothing.

Wow.
I'm just saying there's no world where that level of success against Ole Miss would keep one employed for nearly two decades at Mississippi State.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Mike Gundy has one losing season in 17 years at Oklahoma State, and that was his first season. 12 of those seasons he's finished ranked in the postseason polls, including all but two in the CFP era. Let's stop pretending there's some huge gap between them an Oklahoma over that time.
Except that the only reason why OSU has been at that level is largely because of Gundy.

Over the Gundy era, OU has had almost TRIPLE the number of NFL draft picks of OSU. Let that sink in. And its an even bigger gap when looking at the top end NFL talent (Top 3-4 round picks).

1st Rounders:
OU - 13
OSU - 6

1st / 2nd Round:
OU - 26
OSU - 9

Top 3 Rounds:
OU - 42
OSU - 10

Top 4 Rounds:
OU - 58
OSU - 16

All picks:
OU - 92
OSU - 33

They’re at an absolutely massive talent disadvantage. By comparison, MSU has had 44 NFL picks over the same period. Alabama has had 130. So its literally a similar gap to MSU vs. Alabama where they have also had almost triple the number of picks. Would you feel like we were underperforming if we had 3 more wins over Alabama over the past 17 years than we actually do?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login