Mike Leach wants to change the 4th quarter song...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Running Up That Hill is the obvious one. Works on a lot of levels. Except for the part saying it doesn't hurt. That doesn't sound like being a state fan.

Sep 17, 2012
Novel idea - you don't need a 4th Q song. Just let the band play. You shouldn't play the same song whether you're up three touchdowns or down three touchdowns.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
It ought to be a blues song. I'm Ready by Muddy Waters comes to mind. Or maybe I Ain't Gonna Take No Mess by Cedric Burnside. There are a bunch that might work. Somthing from Howlin Wolf or Bukka White would be cool. They are the biggest bluesmen local to Starkville.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
This would be apropos for that 3rd quarter stretch: R.L. Burnside A *** Pocket of Whiskey

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think we need a song for if we are ahead and one for if we are behind. I'm on board with dumping the last of the Mullenizing. It peaked at the Auburn game and that was quite a while back. I'd also be down for a student body vote so MSU would "own" it and it wouldn't be something coined by a coach. If DSB had been the song "forever" it would be more of a tradition, but envisioning goofy Dan dancing on the sidelines to a song he picked is enough for me to want a change. I suspect there is a younger portion of our fanbase that sees DSB as tradition at this point.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I think we need a song for if we are ahead and one for if we are behind. I'm on board with dumping the last of the Mullenizing. It peaked at the Auburn game and that was quite a while back. I'd also be down for a student body vote so MSU would "own" it and it wouldn't be something coined by a coach. If DSB had been the song "forever" it would be more of a tradition, but envisioning goofy Dan dancing on the sidelines to a song he picked is enough for me to want a change. I suspect there is a younger portion of our fanbase that sees DSB as tradition at this point.

Do we really want DSB as our theme? Can we be more passive? The song either needs to be Mississippi pride or a middle finger power song.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
Please change it. Journey is like an 80’s version of Nickelback? Whenever I hear Journey I imagine Scott Stricklin had every album they ever produced. It should have been done away with when he went to Florida.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It’s definitely gotten stale over time and needs to be replaced. It had a good run. Although it would be awesome to randomly pull that out for a close night game sometime in a few years.

I like the idea of having two different songs, maybe replace one every year or two so we don’t wear them out. As long as it’s something we can ring cowbells to it will work.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Journey was actually a really good band before Steve Perry ruined it. Same with REO Speedwagon and Kevin Cronin.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Pink Floyd was a great band right up until Syd Barrett left it*****

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thunderstruck- AC/DC is the easiest for the crowd or Radio Ga-Ga by Queen

Yeah it's a old stand by but you need something identifiable by most times of the folks under 70

It would be difficult to pick something everyone might sing along with then you would need a chant song like Mony, Mony by Billy Idol.but it will be hard to find something they will WANT to sing along with and you guys would hate them even more like Friends In Low Places

I would pick a different song each game this year with the fans voting on Twitter each week after the game if they liked it until we found the replacement for the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login