Mike Leach

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We seem to say this every week. He's the same guy he's always been, and his teams are consistently inconsistent. We'll **** the bed again somewhere, just like we discussed earlier when everyone was patting each other's backs after the A&M game.
Mike Leach is 155-106 or 59.4%
49.4% msu historically
54.04% Texas tech
45.9% Washington State

mike leach has over achieved

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Mike Leach is 155-106 or 59.4%
49.4% msu historically
54.04% Texas tech
45.9% Washington State

mike leach has over achieved
Now do Mullen and Moorhead.

we can stop basing arguments on historical football records. This has been basically a 7/8 win program every year for almost 15 years now. Leach hasn't overachieved at all.

when he starts beating everyone he's supposed to beat we can start talking about overachieving.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

we can stop basing arguments on historical football records. This has been basically a 7/8 win program every year for almost 15 years now. Leach hasn't overachieved at all.

when he starts beating everyone he's supposed to beat we can start talking about overachieving.
Well he won 7 games last year and will win 7 or 8 this year so it looks like he’s right on average. So why the bitchi ng?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well he won 7 games last year and will win 7 or 8 this year so it looks like he’s right on average. So why the bitchi ng?
He said Leach was overachieving. By your own numbers, he is not.

As for my bitching, when our offense doesn't look inept against the KYs and LSUs of our schedule, I'll quit bitchiing. We've lost two games we should've won.

FourthStringPunter

Oct 16, 2022
I’m good with Leach but don’t try to sell me that KY is a good team. They’re average at best. We played one of the worst games we’ve played since 2020. It is what it is at this point. Win tomorrow and 8-4 is in play but 7-5 is more likely. I don’t see us beating GA or Ole Miss. Next year needs to be a breakout year. I don’t see Leach remotely in trouble if we win 8+ games in 2023.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Kentucky was ranked and at home. Don’t need to sell anything, they are still #24 in coach’s poll
I’m good with Leach but don’t try to sell me that KY is a good team. They’re average at best. We played one of the worst games we’ve played since 2020. It is what it is at this point. Win tomorrow and 8-4 is in play but 7-5 is more likely. I don’t see us beating GA or Ole Miss. Next year needs to be a breakout year. I don’t see Leach remotely in trouble if we win 8+ games in 2023.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022

As for my bitching, when our offense doesn't look inept against the KYs and LSUs of our schedule, I'll quit bitchiing. We've lost two games we should've won.
Really, ole miss looked pretty inept against LSU.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Simmer down.

Reactions: Grover777

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Still ranked partly because we laid down against them. They suck.
Do they ? I dunno.

are There any teams that never have a bad game on the road ?

are we a blue blood and always win every sec road game against ranked opponents throughout our history

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
So you think we will beat them?
It’s on the road, we will see .. at home yea we would beat them. If they have 3 llosses they won’t get the calls as much. They are overrated. We would be 8-1 with their schedule.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Next year will be a difficult year to break out when we lose a lot of interior DL. A lot of new ones will have to step up and get experienced quickly. Portal will have to give generously in this dept.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
It’s on the road, we will see .. at home yea we would beat them. If they have 3 llosses they won’t get the calls as much. They are overrated. We would be 8-1 with their schedule.
Dude you’re an OM fan posing as a State fan, but made your damn name Grover? Cmon, Beauregard.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Dan Mullen is 61%. He’s a pretty damn good football coach whether you are smart enough to know it or not.

joe morehead is 43%.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
That would be the biggest mistake we can make. Our best course of action right now is to ride this stability out. For once in our history, let's make the right decision. The potential rewards 2-3 years from now could be enormous. If we flop? It's just another day in the life for Mississippi State.
State isn't firing Leach this year. Even if we finish 1-3 in November.

however what's left of this fan base will completely check out next season if we finish the season 1-3. That will be the tough situation for a new AD. Raising nil funds and selling tickets to an uninterested fan base.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You know how I know you are a loser?
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Do they ? I dunno.

are There any teams that never have a bad game on the road ?

are we a blue blood and always win every sec road game against ranked opponents throughout our history
This is the entire point I brought up earlier, though. No one in their right mind should expect Leach to win all or even most of these road games against ranked SEC teams.

However, when you’ve already completely **** the bed twice in games that you were favored to win, you’ve got no one to blame but yourself when the pressure intensifies around the egg bowl.

Reactions: patdog and Drebin

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
This is the entire point I brought up earlier, though. No one in their right mind should expect Leach to win all or even most of these road games against ranked SEC teams.

However, when you’ve already completely **** the bed twice in games that you were favored to win, you’ve got no one to blame but yourself when the pressure intensifies around the egg bowl.
What two games were those ? tenth ranked LSU ? Yes ole miss looked very good against LSU lol

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yes, the same LSU that gave 400 yds to UF and OM, 500 to UT, and 440 to Auburn. Yet our air raid couldn’t even crack the 300 mark.

aGAIN, most of the bitching being done here isn’t about losing a ballgame to LSU or UK. It’s the fact that in year 3, Leach’s offense was completely inept against them

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Wow you really are a trolling little scumbag, you are saying losing on the road to tenth ranked LSU was so unacceptable

hahahha

i guess you cried your eyes out watching LSU go on a 45-3 run against the powder blue cream puffs

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
To do that he has to beat the #1 team in the country at home or the #11 team in the country on the road. I hope there aren’t a lot of teams in the country requiring this out of their coach to decide if they are on the right path.
Do you want to be a good program or not. Where is the leach that is supposed to upset some people? Need to beat OM on the road. If we lose today it's a **** season unless he beats uga and ole miss.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Watch us beat Georgia and lose to Ole Miss. Georgia coming off a big game win or lose, then going on the road, with Kentucky after us. We have a (should be) easy win at home before them, and ETSU afterwards. I've seen weirder things happen.

But yeah, either way, even at 7-5 Leach isn't going anywhere, no matter what the Egg Bowl Obsessors may want.
That uga defensive front gonna be hard

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

That's the thing so many of these dudes want to compare our program to the 60s and 70s when they grew up so as long as we are 500 they are okay with it. Like Stockholm syndrome to bad msu football. Between Jackie and Mullen even Moorhead, outside of croom our program has been in pretty good shape the last 30 years. Leach is above 500 but we have had some good years too where we are 8-9 wins every 3-4 years. We will see this year or next if leach can get us there. But winning 6-7 3-4years straight just isn't good enough straight without a 8-9 win season thrown in there one of those years. Leach was sold to the fan base as the guy that could get us to 10 every 4 years. But if you guys are happy with 6-6 and 500 being our bench mark no wonder our program has sucked for a majority of our history.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login