Miller being introduced in Tuscaloosa today..........

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Brandon Miller is a great basketball player, but he may be one of the dumbest human beings on the planet. To do that introduction after what has happened this week is completely idiotic. Apparently he’s been doing that all year but still, you can’t keep doing it after being involved in a murder.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Brandon Miller is a great basketball player, but he may be one of the dumbest human beings on the planet. To do that introduction after what has happened this week is completely idiotic. Apparently he’s been doing that all year but still, you can’t keep doing it after being involved in a murder.
Agree, but why has he been doing it all year? Is he trying to play up being a thug?

Reactions: WilCoDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Agree, but why has he been doing it all year? Is he trying to play up being a thug?
I have no idea but I’m guessing it is some rap thing. Like the “Get the Gat” dance LSU did the year they won the football Natty.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
At this point they are just playing it up. Even Saban in the stands doing the wave. Unprecedented

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
LMAO and WTF at the same time for me. Just think though if it were your family member killed. Just Danm.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Sometimes it's best to just shut the 17 up.

O/U on this guy going to jail for something unrelated? 1.5 years is what I'd set it at.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sometimes college sports sickens me. This is one of those times. In pro sports at least you have a commissioner who can somewhat police it. But there’s no one in college sports who doesn’t have a vested interest.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
So, the murder happened 5 weeks ago. Regardless of whether Miller committed a crime, he was present for a murder. His car allegedly got bullet holes in it. He is an important witness.

Personally, if I was in that situation, basketball would not even be on my mind. I would have sat out a couple of games at least while I dealt with the matter. He just kept playing and apparently kept doing that pat down intro.

From Alabama's perspective, though, they already decided to let him play 5 weeks ago. They had to be aware he was involved, but they were satisfied his actions did not warrant a suspension. They shouldn't suspend him now just because it became public. If they get new information that incriminates Miller, then reconsider.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I agree. While the pre-game “Pat downs” are obviously, definitely, intimidating the sec officials and making them scared to make calls against bama, it won’t work on the ncaa tourney officiating.

Aug 22, 2012
They have done this all year.
So what? Does no one on the team or the coaches seem to understand the gravity of the situation?

It reminds me of when Jameis Winston was at Florida State and being investigated for rape charges.

While the investigation was still active, he stood up on a table in the student union and yelled "17 her right in the *****!" The phrase came from a doctored youtube video going around, but the sheer fact that this guy couldn't comprehend the tone of the entire situation was alarming. It's sad that we have gotten to a point where elite athletes think they are completely above the law, but in today's societal climate it seems they are.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It'll take a LeBron tweet, or something from that lawyer Crump or maybe Kamala can make a statement and get Bama to do something. After all, she went to the funeral for the guy murdered in Memphis. Surely that means she's concerned about all murders of black Americans, right? Or is she Indian American this week and it's fundraising week with the Patels? She's pretty smooth at code switching. Anyway, until there's national criticism from the usual crowd, Coach Nate can feel his oats and just express deep regret over player introductions. He said that will not happen again and I for one believe him. Not sure if he said whether he'll make sure none of his players ever murder a woman or be accomplices to one, something that could jeopardize their standing on the team. But that intro performance is over. Thank God he's a coach with moral standards. I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy, but Bama is behaving poorly. The woman's grieving family and friends must know that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login