Mine and Snoop's take on AI

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That doesn't sound like a bad thing either, thinning the herd in that sector of the job pool needs to be done. The service industry is full of lazy, unmotivated, under-educated, ballast that needs to be dumped. Maybe we'll get decent service and information after that happens. After that it will be get an education or skill or go bust rocks and pound sand in the quarry but my fear is that sector will just be added to Uncle Sam's teets to feed off of much like their parents, grandparents, etc. and they won't ever be productive, just consumers
Let me get this straight- you want a massive reduction in low skill jobs. And those people will either get an education, get a skill, or go back to low skill jobs like digging in a quarry?

Bro, right now those people already have the 3 options you mention.

And with a massive reduction in available low skill jobs, that will inevitably increase unemployment.
...something tells me you will then lament the high unemployment and blame people for being lazy and requesting benefits.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
1- how does it know I am a white male? My name is a name that was goofy popular 30-50 years ago and kids that are white, black, Latino, and Asian all have it.
Or are you saying AI searches the internet for possibly me, assumes that is me, and identifies my color?
If it's the second, how does it account for mixed race, or even pics with a hat or shadows?
Maybe it's none of the above and something else?

2- the struggle is real for us white males. Never in history have we been so oppressed and been so marginalized. We need to rise up and take back what is rightfully ours!***
Well, with just your name, email address, and mobile# which most everyone puts on their resume I suspect a properly trained AI model could know pretty much everything about you fairly easily. It's all public somewhere. Including your race. Plus most online applications have an optional self-identity section that I imagine most people complete. Race and gender is included there. I'm sure there are other common characteristics an AI model could use to infer other things about you as well. Where you went to college. Your zip code. Your credit score. Who you voted for in the last election. Oh, you don't think they know that? ;-)

You really don't even need AI to find these details. It just makes it faster and easier to process. But, again, I'm no expert. I'm just going off what others with more knowledge of it have told me.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Let me get this straight- you want a massive reduction in low skill jobs. And those people will either get an education, get a skill, or go back to low skill jobs like digging in a quarry?

And with a massive reduction in available low skill jobs, that will inevitably increase unemployment.
...something tells me you will then lament the high unemployment and blame people for being lazy and requesting benefits.
High unemployment of low skilled workers will result in even more crime.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

I already blame people for being lazy, the ones that don't work and draw benefits like it's a right instead of a privelage

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Well, with just your name, email address, and mobile# which most everyone puts on their resume I suspect a properly trained AI model could know pretty much everything about you fairly easily. It's all public somewhere. Including your race. Plus most online applications have an optional self-identity section that I imagine most people complete. Race and gender is included there. I'm sure there are other common characteristics an AI model could use to infer other things about you as well. Where you went to college. Your zip code. Your credit score. Who you voted for in the last election. Oh, you don't think they know that? ;-)

You really don't even need AI to find these details. It just makes it faster and easier to process. But, again, I'm no expert. I'm just going off what others with more knowledge of it have told me.
Yep. AI's first chapter's already here and comes from multiple sources. Just google something like "global warming" and you'll get a taste of what's to come.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yep. AI's first chapter's already here and comes from multiple sources. Just google something like "global warming" and you'll get a taste of what's to come.
Let's not start talking about the issue that we will cripple our country about while the rest of the world pours enough emissions in the air to finish the job. If you're looking at me, I'm sitting at the beach, looking for Al measuring how much the seawater has risen in the last 20 years.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login