Mississippi needs to get on board

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
*you're*

You were "born" on home plate, and turned it into eternal damnation. So, there's that.

But, here in the real world, people who say "born on 3rd base" really grind my gears. It's just another way to claim some sort of victimhood. I was born into a poor family, and I too have had to work hard for everything I have. I just don't begrudge those who were born into means. They can't help that any more than I could help being born poor. It's what you do with it. And at least she's done something with it. We could all name a slew of people who were born into means and then turned into a useless dope head (looking at you, Hunter). Your gripe just comes across as pure and simple jealousy.
So are you not going to answer the question? The question was, do you think if she was Sarah Smith that she would have done any of those things? I am just curious as to your answer to that. Instead of turning the narrative to something much more provocative like Hunter Biden, I would simply and humbly ask for an answer to my question.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The days of low-skilled factory jobs are over and have been for 30+ years. Those jobs require competent professionals who want to be paid like it.
Is this also your message to the dock workers who are trying to hold the country hostage for more wages and LESS automation ?

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
I dont consider constant lying and not even doing the obvious part of her job for the last 3 months she was employed to be her 'holding her own'.
That seems like something everyone would agree with, but clearly you do think constant lying and not even doing the obvious part of her job for 3 months is good.
Ok. I've never cared what you thought, and I don't now.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
She constantly lied, was called out on the lies, and then lied about lying.
She didnt even hold a press briefing for the last 3 months of being...Press Secretary. Instead of having her actually meeting with the press, Trump decided to take over and hold his own press briefings at random times of the day in random places.
...over 3 months of not holding press briefings, but sure- she more than held her own.**
Holt up - is it now a bad thing for someone to not speak to the press for extended periods of time???

I'd like to introduce you to a couple of people currently holding high offices.

/sorry, NB4DL

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The modern, 'wannabe-cool' conservative loves to act like these women politicians are the saviors. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but that's not the point. Guess it makes them feel like they are progressive. Remember how they all spazzed over Nikki Haley for president? Same with Katie Britt, them Bammers are loving some mom on a mission right now. And of course, it has to be young semi-decent looking ones, because they all hate Kay Ivey and Cindy Hyde-Smith.

Good Lord this country is 17ed.
So tell us about Kamala's accomplishments that got her where she is.

Reactions: JackShephard

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Is this also your message to the dock workers who are trying to hold the country hostage for more wages and LESS automation ?
The longshoremen are highly skilled workers who want and deserve a piece of the fruits of their labors.

I regret to inform you I don't know the ins and outs the contract negotiations, beyond a very high level.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The longshoremen are highly skilled workers who want and deserve a piece of the fruits of their labors.

I regret to inform you I don't know the ins and outs the contract negotiations, beyond a very high level.
But you seemed so informed on NWA I just assumed.........

Reactions: dorndawg

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
So are you not going to answer the question? The question was, do you think if she was Sarah Smith that she would have done any of those things? I am just curious as to your answer to that. Instead of turning the narrative to something much more provocative like Hunter Biden, I would simply ask for an answer to my question.
Oh, I have no idea. The thing is, neither do you. But you have an assumption that you decided was true, so you're going down with that ship. But my response was both adequate and relevant (sans the Hunter jab, that was just for fun). You're just mad at people you perceive that have had it easier than you. Spoiler alert - no one has it easy. Life's hard for everyone. She got the job, she did the job. Was she the best choice? I have no idea. What all went into the choice? Again, no idea. You've just chosen to hate her for an asinine reason.

Almost everyone in politics is there because of their last name, or who they know (Kamala - Willie Brown). Doesn't make it right, and it makes for a corrupt system. But if that's you're criteria for choosing who to hate, I can't understand why you would single her out (I can, but let's keep pretending that's really why you hate her).

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

I'm not totally discounting the "highly skilled" part of your comment, but they were offered a huge piece of the fruits.

The ports in the US are some of the least efficient in the world. Our top ranked port is Charleston, which is I believe, ranked 52 or 53 in the world. Most other countries have highly automated their processes, which we have not - because the dockworkers union fights against "automation" in general.

So instead of working harder or getting more efficient, they turned down an offer of a 50% pay raise for every dockworker and are striking to demand a 77% pay increase across the board. All while being led by a literal gangster labor boss straight out of the early 1900's. This is wild.

I'd take a 50% raise for doing nothing different right the hell now. Tell me where to sign. But then again, I don't have the leverage to hold the world hostage either.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'm not totally discounting the "highly skilled" part of your comment, but they were offered a huge piece of the fruits.

The ports in the US are some of the least efficient in the world. Our top ranked port is Charleston, which is I believe, ranked 52 or 53 in the world. Most other countries have highly automated their processes, which we have not - because the dockworkers union fights against "automation" in general.

So instead of working harder or getting more efficient, they turned down an offer of a 50% pay raise for every dockworker and are striking to demand a 77% pay increase across the board. All while being led by a literal gangster labor boss straight out of the early 1900's. This is wild.

I'd take a 50% raise for doing nothing different right the hell now. Tell me where to sign. But then again, I don't have the leverage to hold the world hostage either.
I'm not being a smartass at all, sounds like you know a lot more about it than me.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This is kinda long but in order to help you join the conversation
Appreciate the link. I'm guessing there's a lot more to this automation issue. That's not to say I think the longshoremen are definitely right.

While I only have a layperson's understanding of the Luddites, they weren't completely wrong.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not being a smartass at all, sounds like you know a lot more about it than me.
Well to be fair... now you know exactly as much as I do.

That Daggett guy is a trip. Like a real life Tony Soprano. Or maybe a modern day Jimmy Hoffa is more accurate.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
A lot of it too is kids don't seem to be motivated to get into technical fields. I work in automation and finding young people for entry level positions is almost nonexistent. I saw a picture of the local paper last week where they had 3 young successful business people telling their stories to a group of HS students. You could tell from the students in the background they had no interest. Looking down and staring off into space.

On another note is Gov SHS getting better looking or have my standards lowered? I feel sure we know what clintoninhelen thinks about her. Just concerned about me.
Better looking for sure. To the point I didn't even know who she was until they put her name on the screen several moths ago. Frankly I didn't put 2 and 2 together that she was Mike's daughter until then either but I don't keep up with AR politics.

I will say 6P Magazine makes more sense now as I somehow skipped over this thread.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Well to be fair... now you know exactly as much as I do.

That Daggett guy is a trip. Like a real life Tony Soprano. Or maybe a modern day Jimmy Hoffa is more accurate.
You're probably not wrong. What do we know about the directors of the shipping companies? I literally have no idea, they might all be Mr Rogers for all I know.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Oh, I have no idea. The thing is, neither do you. But you have an assumption that you decided was true, so you're going down with that ship. But my response was both adequate and relevant (sans the Hunter jab, that was just for fun). You're just mad at people you perceive that have had it easier than you. Spoiler alert - no one has it easy. Life's hard for everyone. She got the job, she did the job. Was she the best choice? I have no idea. What all went into the choice? Again, no idea. You've just chosen to hate her for an asinine reason.

Almost everyone in politics is there because of their last name, or who they know (Kamala - Willie Brown). Doesn't make it right, and it makes for a corrupt system. But if that's you're criteria for choosing who to hate, I can't understand why you would single her out (I can, but let's keep pretending that's really why you hate her).
Thank you for answering my question. I do appreciate the answer. Obviously, I do not agree with pretty much anything you have said. Obviously, we are not going to bring each other to the others way of thinking, and there is nothing wrong with that. Seeing the world in different ways and having differences in opinion is what makes civil discourse healthy and strong, right? Thank you for the civility.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You're probably not wrong. What do we know about the directors of the shipping companies? I literally have no idea, they might all be Mr Rogers for all I know.
I don't know them at all. But if I had agreed previously to do a job at a certain wage, eventually got to the point where I was not happy and complained about it, and was offered a 50% increase to do the same job... I mean, it doesn't sound that crazy to me to take the 150% pay.

The main thing is that they (Daggett, at least) is perfectly willing to hold HALF THE WORLDS CARGO as ransom to get a larger raise. He just comes right out and says that - basically, "I am holding all shipments hostage until we get all the money we want". It sure comes across as a ****** strongarm mobster way to get what he wants. It would be real hard for me to see how he's the good guy in all this.

Unfortunately, this is the union way.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I don't know them at all. But if I had agreed previously to do a job at a certain wage, eventually got to the point where I was not happy and complained about it, and was offered a 50% increase to do the same job... I mean, it doesn't sound that crazy to me to take the 150% pay.

The main thing is that they (Daggett, at least) is perfectly willing to hold HALF THE WORLDS CARGO as ransom to get a larger raise. He just comes right out and says that - basically, "I am holding all shipments hostage until we get all the money we want". It sure comes across as a ****** strongarm mobster way to get what he wants. It would be real hard for me to see how he's the good guy in all this.

Unfortunately, this is the union way.
I agree at face value, that doesn't sound that crazy. Again, I don't know all the details.

Not pointing a finger at you in particular, but it does truly puzzle me how so many Americans reflexively come down on the side of companies and not workers. I've seen this quote attributed to Mark Twain: "America is a land of temporarily embarrassed millionaires". I'm not sure who actually said it, but boy is there a lot of truth in it. And I guess we need to update the quote to "billionaires" pretty soon!

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I read what you typed as the above.

And if a Six Packer is ever Governor, yes, your standards have indeed lowered.
Given all of the "school" points being made I read it as Starkville High School and "Gov" was yet more text slang I wasn't familiar with. I go by there fairly often and couldn't for the life of me figure out how it looked better or what standard was being lowered and what it had to do with the topic.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I agree at face value, that doesn't sound that crazy. Again, I don't know all the details.

Not pointing a finger at you in particular, but it does truly puzzle me how so many Americans reflexively come down on the side of companies and not workers. I've seen this quote attributed to Mark Twain: "America is a land of temporarily embarrassed millionaires". I'm not sure who actually said it, but boy is there a lot of truth in it. And I guess we need to update the quote to "billionaires" pretty soon!
I don’t know if siding with companies would be accurate or “so many Americans” either. I think people would be fine with these longshoremen asking for better pay but what they’re asking for is a hostage demand.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

awkward-handshake-gregory-dillard.gif

Reactions: dorndawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Not to make it political, but let's be honest someone is running that program for her. She is not what one would call a beacon of intelligence. Not passing any judgement on conservatives in general just this one particular person. I have no doubt she is taking credit for this but someone else is dealing with the nuts and bolts.
Hahahhahahahaha....I've always had a suspicion, and now we can confirm.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
1) Lack of access to women's reproductive care.

I find it somewhat hard to believe a young person would have a thought process that included “I’m not moving there, I might not be able to get an abortion if I need one.”
Now if you view that as a stand-in for a basket of things associated with conservative voters, I can see the point.
But if that’s anywhere close to the deciding factor for a huge number of people, states like Texas and Tennessee wouldn’t be consistently leading the country in net migration.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
The AWS campus is a great start, but we are still 10 years behind. From what I am hearing, Amazon is not happy with the applicant base and is enticing workers from other facilities to consider moving to MS.
I don't think this is 100% true.

AttalaDawg72

Jul 8, 2024
A thriving city and one with a giant megacorporation like Walmart to make it look more impressive. Kinda like NWA which sorta makes a terrible comparison to anything Mississippi.
I feel like Jackson is a lost cause but something needs to be done. The state should take it over

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I find it somewhat hard to believe a young person would have a thought process that included “I’m not moving there, I might not be able to get an abortion if I need one.”
Now if you view that as a stand-in for a basket of things associated with conservative voters, I can see the point.
But if that’s anywhere close to the deciding factor for a huge number of people, states like Texas and Tennessee wouldn’t be consistently leading the country in net migration.
They believe they can turn Texas blue if they keep spending enough of that money. That's because anybody can think they convert folks that they are middle class even though they spend money like rich people. Some people still believe that you can only be a Democrat if you're middle class, and you can only be a Republican if you're rich. Much money gets spent on both sides because the people in charge still believe in such absolutes and preach them constantly. I'm getting good at muting or changing the channel when there's a political ad. I'll be glad when Thanksgiving arrives.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
They believe they can turn Texas blue if they keep spending enough of that money. That's because anybody can think they convert folks that they are middle class even though they spend money like rich people. Some people still believe that you can only be a Democrat if you're middle class, and you can only be a Republican if you're rich. Much money gets spent on both sides because the people in charge still believe in such absolutes and preach them constantly. I'm getting good at muting or changing the channel when there's a political ad. I'll be glad when Thanksgiving arrives.
Psst. It is turning blue. The urbanization of the state virtually assures it. All those "right wing" California aholes move to the suburbs and raise their little douchè canoe kids that grow up to be yuppies.

No real conservative pays another man to mow his yard. Those California dbags pay people to mow, pick up dog poop, clean their grills (gas and pellet of course), clean their garbage cans, hang their Christmas lights, and install their blinds. They drink peanut butter whiskey and hard seltzers in public. They aren't raising Texans, they're raising sissies.

1000015285.png
2 or 3 more cycles will probably do it. Remember, Reagan was the governor of California and from 1967 to 2011 Republicans held 8 of the 11 gubernatorial terms. Texas is becoming California every year.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Anybody that thinks MS leadership gives a damn about improving MS is stooopiiiddd! They make it impossible for breweries to survive, can't even get alcohol online without going through them. These 17tards are a bunch of losers stealing money.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login