MNF Thread - Cowboys at Chargers

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Special teams cluster17. How is it legal to just destroy the punt returner before he catches the ball?

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Well, here ya go Dak…and it starts with a patent false start

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
He’s really having trouble dropping back in pocket and driving forward on his 1st passing option.
He’s looked ok on the ground tonight but he’s definitely missing his old explosive first step. NFL absolutely unforgivable to explosive first steps.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Mike has that big azz menu in front of his face and calls 6 plays off of it

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Btw , where is free chat? Do I not get that with my subscription anymore?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
For all the penalties, the fact that they missed two critical pass-interference calls that would've given Dallas a touchdown twice in this game pisses me off.

I'll almost bet you good money. The Chargers will get the penalties they need to get in the end zone.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They really needed this one. I think that after the game they had last week to bounce back and beat an outstanding Chargers team on the road with their defense leading the way says something about the Cowboys this year. I have to believe the NFL is going to be an enjoyable ride from now through to January.

Dak Prescott really played a good game tonight, but the Dallas defense showed that they are still dangerous even with players on injured reserve.

ETA - Final tally on penalties

Dallas - 11-85

L.A. - 9-79

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I know there are fewer Chargers fans in the wild than USM fans but they annual waste talented rosters like nobody else. Even moreso than Dallas.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I'm getting too old, curmudgeonly, or just a hard ***, but the nfl is hard to watch. I really don't need to hear about Disney turning 100 along with the hard press on all the other advertisers.

Reactions: wdawg44

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I'm getting too old, curmudgeonly, or just a hard ***, but the nfl is hard to watch. I really don't need to hear about Disney turning 100 along with the hard press on all the other advertisers.
Honestly, I doubt young people are clamoring for more ads. The problem iis there isn’t any other option if you want pro football. All pro sports have basically turned into Ricky Bobby putting the fig newton sticker on his windshield.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I went through that period, but I now watch more than I ever have. I almost look forward to Sundays more than Saturdays, depending on matchups.

Dawg1969

Aug 22, 2012
Going back to the play where our player was pushed into the fair catch, looked to me like a hands to the face penalty should have been called. That play almost cost the game.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I went through that period, but I now watch more than I ever have. I almost look forward to Sundays more than Saturdays, depending on matchups.
Same. Also, it's nice for Monday Night Football to 'feel' important again. For a while there, it was like "let's just throw our B team college announcers together in the booth and put together a matchup that makes the Thursday game look like the Super Bowl".

Alright, Joe and Booger, get us hype for Jacksonville vs Cleveland.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
NFL games have fewer commercials than college. That damn cbs 230 game is more commercial than game.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Going back to the play where our player was pushed into the fair catch, looked to me like a hands to the face penalty should have been called. That play almost cost the game.
That and the bs PI call late in the game. DBs and WRs have damn near a wrestling match down the field now a days and they call that? Com'on man.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Honestly, I doubt young people are clamoring for more ads. The problem iis there isn’t any other option if you want pro football.
Sure there is, there’s the other pro football, which used to be called “college football”. But its a much worse product.

Reactions: patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You have to win in the second half of the referees are going to start watching the with guys in blue shirts. If they're gonna call that many penalties on Dallas, need to call a few on the Chargers, like that pass interference in the end zone.

McCarthy needs to realize that he does not have the same quarterback and as healthy of an offensive line as in Green Bay.
Didn't get to see the game, but in the highlights for nearly every Charger offensive play there's a Dallas defender in the backfield getting held like crazy. Like, a full yard ahead of the OL with one arm flailing in space ahead of him while the other is held behind him in some Krav Maga lockdown hold or something.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Lamb: 7 catches on 7 targets.

Gallup: 3 catches on 10. targets. Oof. There's the Cowboys problem right there, their intended #2 reciever never recovered from injury and is a complete bust of an extension contract.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
If he signals fair catch, that is still a penalty.

ETA – another 17ing penalty on Dallas put them on the goal line.

They need to give the referees a bonus for that touchdown.
That is what I thought. The defender interfered with the returner's ability to catch the football. He was blocked but not blocked into him. If it is permissible to hit the returner after a fair catch signal why don't teams blow em up every time?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That is what I thought. The defender interfered with the returner's ability to catch the football. He was blocked but not blocked into him. If it is permissible to hit the returner after a fair catch signal why don't teams blow em up every time?
I could not see him signal on replay. The only reason I would think is that he didn't signal unless there is some other rule I don't know about.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login