Monday baseball

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It didn't seem to get much, if any, attention yesterday, but congrats to the Mustard Buzzards.

Fought their way into a winner take all game with a team that shouldn't have much pitching left.

A lot of teams of interest to this board are also playing today...

- Arkansas has gotta beat TCU twice today.

- Florida needs another over TTU to advance.

- Kentucky the same vs lndiana.

- TAMU the same after Stanford beat them.

- LSU in the driver's seat with 2 to win 1 vs Oregon State.

Tennessee, South Carolina & Bama have advanced to Supers.

Auburn and Vandy couldn't get it done on their home fields.

And since they fly under the radar here, I'll just mention the #1 team in the country.

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (maybe the best nickname in all of college athletics) tiptoed through their regional in three games won by a combined score of 48-7. The closest game was 12-0.

And now they get Bama. I know who I'm rooting for.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Not a Monday game but one of the Supers is going to be Oregon vs Oral Roberts, presumably in Eugene. Both have one CWS appearance ever, Oregon went in the 50’s and ORU in the 70’s. So you are guaranteed to have at least one oddball team in Omaha this year.

Oral Roberts is a STRONG 4 seed, though. They’re 49-11 now.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It didn't seem to get much, if any, attention yesterday, but congrats to the Mustard Buzzards.

Fought their way into a winner take all game with a team that shouldn't have much pitching left.

And since they fly under the radar here, I'll just mention the #1 team in the country.

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (maybe the best nickname in all of college athletics) tiptoed through their regional in three games won by a combined score of 48-7. The closest game was 12-0.

You forgot Cohen still sucks.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I used to hate the buzzards but not anymore....If southern can do it won't be worse than the Rebs last year.

I have a lot of respect for Scott Berry and for their baseball program in general. Having said that, the few USM diehards out there are super annoying.

They can beat Penn today but I’m not sure I see them beating Tennessee next weekend. USM isn’t great offensively and I think UT’s arm talent will give them a lot of problems, similar to Ole Miss last year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

I hope Wake Forest can tiptoe through Alabama. And if TCU takes out Arkansas, all my hated teams will be gone, and this nightmare will be over.

I will then root for SMTTT to take out Vitello and then go promptly 2 and Q in Omaha (to save them money, of course).

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There is definitely a lot of baseball today. The team I'm hoping makes it to Omaha and makes a big splash is Indiana State. Yes, that Indiana state. This team has a history with two college basketball Hall of Fame guys. John Wooden and Larry Byrd.

Reactions: Ghostman

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018

Poor Whistlers. Winning the SEC tournament doesn't mean much when you're watching the Super regionals on TV and the last two CWS champs are a combined 0 - 3 in the SEC Tourney...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Poor Whistlers. Winning the SEC tournament doesn't mean much when you're watching the Super regionals on TV and the last two CWS champs are a combined 0 - 3 in the SEC Tourney...

Agree it doesn't mean much, but Vandy won both the SEC and the CWS before the Mississippi interlopers started making noise in Omaha. I don't think winning it actually hurts you, but who knows.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
There is definitely a lot of baseball today. The team I'm hoping makes it to Omaha and makes a big splash is Indiana State. Yes, that Indiana state. This team has a history with two college basketball Hall of Fame guys. John Wooden and Larry Byrd.
Did I dream it but I thought the Whistler passed away last year??

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
I have not seen it mentioned, but Duke’s coach earned a masters from MSU in 2004. I am guessing online because he was coaching at Pfieffer outside of Charlotte NC at the time.

He has Duke in their 3rd Super Regional in 5 years. If Lemonis can’t turn things around next year, I wonder if Pollard would be interested in coming here and how our fans would respond?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login