Montez Sweat SNF intro School: "The Pirate"

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Whatever, as I said, I'm responding to the post but I HAVE quit letting it bother me. It was just a thing about Cox originally but now none of our guys ever say Mississippi State while I hear a long line of guys before and after them all saying their actual university name. Who it REALLY should bother is the MSU athletic and marketing departments. Huge missed advertising opportunities with these guys all doing this and someone there should seek to find out why this is so systemic with all our players. Ole Miss doesn't seem to have this issue and if there is any university a black player should be ashamed of being connected with its Ole Miss.
Saying everybody but State players say their college name is categorically false. I would say nearly half the players say something other than their four-year university. I’ve heard a guy say he was from the “school of hard knocks” and somebody else said they were from “tight end U” and a guy last night said he was from “the trenches.” I wonder if the universities those guys went to’s fans wring their hands about it like some of our fans do about a guy giving a shoutout to his high school or hometown.

Anon1665332816

Oct 9, 2022
..."none of our guys ever say Mississippi State" is categorically untrue.

No wonder UMiss fans think we obsess about them...

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Omg, maybe they want to shout out their high school, or their hometown or their JUCO. It’s cool that Sweat is proud of the JUCO that gave him his first chance to play college ball and he wants to shout them out on SNF. Let’s be Big Brother and try to dictate that all our former players say MSU. Good Lord, some of y’all need to get a life.

You can have a different opinion than me, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

However, you're adding something more to what I posted if you think I'm trying to dictate that our players say MSU.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Who it REALLY should bother is the MSU athletic and marketing departments. Huge missed advertising opportunities with these guys all doing this and someone there should seek to find out why this is so systemic with all our players.
This.

Mississippi State University loses out on some great advertising and positive PR when our former football players don't say "Mississippi State" in these introductions.

Thus, someone from the MSU Athletic Department should talk with our guys and find out why.

It doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Also, if there's a problem, then we want to know about it so we can fix it, right?

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Hasn’t this been answered before? Most of the players in the NFL, especially the ones from State, are the only athletes to ever come out of their high schools and make it big time. Similar odds for most of the JUCO schools so even though they went to State, State isn’t the only thing in life that matters.

Only pro player to ever come out of my high school went to UMiss and played MLB for a solid career.

Reactions: FlotownDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login