More Bro Country I guess?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Never heard of him but he's here Super Bulldog Weekend........

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I haven't missed a game at The Dude in 10 years, so once again, you're wrong. You're as bad as Yancy
Not saying you're lying, but you haven't missed a single game in 10 years? That's impressive. I really hope I'm able to do that once I can retire or if I try to get a job close to Starkville down the road. Going to take a long time for me to convince my wife that that's where we should end up. Got married 8 years ago and I get her closer to liking the idea as each year passes.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I like seeing all the new country music stuff going on but for the most part I'm still only into Old Outlaw Country. The new guys just ain't quite cuttin' it for me like Willie, Waylon, Merle, Twitty, Jones and Cash. Their shoes just don't seem to be getting filled IMO.

And Hank.

I like a few David Allan Coe's Tunes as well

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I left one of the games early against Oregon early Mach 2017 when they came here for 3 game series because it was cold and rainy and miserable but otherwise I'm there, doesn't matter if its a cold mid week game in February or a hot arse Super Regional in late May/early June. I don't hunt/fish any more, got few other hobbies so its what I do

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I like seeing all the new country music stuff going on but for the most part I'm still only into Old Outlaw Country. The new guys just ain't quite cuttin' it for me like Willie, Waylon, Merle, Twitty, Jones and Cash. Their shoes just don't seem to be getting filled IMO.

And Hank.

I like a few David Allan Coe's Tunes as well

They are getting filled. You just don’t hear it on the radio. There are quite a few great country artists out there these days

sturgill aimpson
Tyler childers
Whitey Morgan
Colter wall
Brent cobb
Ryan bingham
To name a few

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford is selling close to 100K in tickets at an average price of $400 each. The majority of those going will be 25 and under.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
They are getting filled. You just don’t hear it on the radio. There are quite a few grey country artists out there these days

sturgill aimpson
Tyler childers
Whitey Morgan
Colter wall
Brent cobb
Ryan bingham
To name a few
Thanks and I will check them out.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I logged on here just to see how much bitching there would be from y'all on this.
I'm a 60 year old bitcher. That's what we do. You shoulda seen me yesterday when a youngster blocked my driveway delaying my departure. I held on to the horn till he emerged from the 4-plex next to my apartment. "Okay, I'll Move" and I replied back "NOW?".... He then said "Meant no disrespect", and I shouted back "You've showed a TON of Disrespect"... Made me feel better about the incident.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Was talking to a guy from Nashville this weekend and told him I was from Philadelphia, MS. He said, "Yeah, Marty Stuart! I've been to his Late Night Jams at the Ryman!". We talked about him for a few minutes, and I then I said, "You know, Hardy is from Philadelphia too!" He gets out his phone and starts Googling. Should have realized right away he wasn't Hardy's demographic.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Was talking to a guy from Nashville this weekend and told him I was from Philadelphia, MS. He said, "Yeah, Marty Stuart! I've been to his Late Night Jams at the Ryman!". We talked about him for a few minutes, and I then I said, "You know, Hardy is from Philadelphia too!" He gets out his phone and starts Googling. Should have realized right away he wasn't Hardy's demographic.
Didn’t know you could Google on a jitterbug.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
Not sure he'd fall into bro or pop country too much, but still certainly new age country. Hell of a Christmas album with a more Michael Buble / modern rat pack sound, though.

Mostly appropriate for the 30-40 year olds. Maybe current college kids are pumped by this, but I would imagine they do not see it as a "cant miss" event.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Not sure he'd fall into bro or pop country too much, but still certainly new age country. Hell of a Christmas album with a more Michael Buble / modern rat pack sound, though.

Mostly appropriate for the 30-40 year olds. Maybe current college kids are pumped by this, but I would imagine they do not see it as a "cant miss" event.
Real country singers don't wear skinny jeans, low rise jeans or jeans w/buttons on the pockets. Country music now is what I would call "bubblegum pop". There are still a few outlaw artist in the business. Cody Jinks is my favorite of that group.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Real country singers don't wear skinny jeans, low rise jeans or jeans w/buttons on the pockets. Country music now is what I would call "bubblegum pop". There are still a few outlaw artist in the business. Cody Jinks is my favorite of that group.
Are buttons on the fly OK? It’s the only way I roll and now I’m not sure if I'm allowed to listen to xm radio’s Prime Country channel or not. Thanks in advance

• Haha
Reactions: The Fatboy

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Skinny Jeans are ghey as SCHIT and yes there IS something wrong with "males" who wear them.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Are buttons on the fly OK? It’s the only way I roll and now I’m not sure if I'm allowed to listen to xm radio’s Prime Country channel or not. Thanks in advance Button fly is acceptable but I'm thinking some of these whistlebritches singers in country these days have velcro flys.

I like Prime Country, it's mainly 80's and 90's and yeah the button fly is acceptable but these whistebritches singers we have now probably go with the velcro fly or wear tights.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Don't forget the ones w/ white contrasting stitching and little silver doodads sewn on the pockets and seams and the checkbook looking wallet crammed in the back pocket

Reactions: theoriginalSALTYdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They are getting filled. You just don’t hear it on the radio. There are quite a few grey country artists out there these days

sturgill aimpson
Tyler childers
Whitey Morgan
Colter wall
Brent cobb
Ryan bingham
To name a few
I appreciate that information but I've just about given up. It's not the artist's fault. It is the producers and record companies. You've got a handful of companies/producers in control of everything. They've devised a formula that everybody will buy or play in their tight rotation on satellite radio or whatever streaming musical app you're listening to. It doesn't matter that it all sounds the same as long as they keep making big bucks.

I appreciate the guys like Sturgill Simpson who are trying, but you can only fight the machine for so long. I will stick with my extensive collection of classic rock and country. I've got a little bit of bluegrass, blues, classical, and even old-school hip-hop to listen to. I'm not wrong to sound cool I'm just sick of hearing the same crap. Every time I turn my radio on local station or even listen to a specialized channel on XM radio it's always the same 100 songs repeated over and over again.

The original

Reactions: wjr13

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I left one of the games early against Oregon early Mach 2017 when they came here for 3 game series because it was cold and rainy and miserable but otherwise I'm there, doesn't matter if its a cold mid week game in February or a hot arse Super Regional in late May/early June. I don't hunt/fish any more, got few other hobbies so its what I do
Do you sit behind home plate wearing a cowboy hat?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Country is a dead genre. The only folks making “country music” are all drugged up, tattooed, left wing, pinko commies.
Futurama Squinting GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login