More Bro Country I guess?

Jul 26, 2021
I can tell you what’s wrong with them, their balls are chaffed!
I mean, you’re definitely making a decision and taking a step in a different direction when you choose style with not even the least bit of afterthought for comfort.

And, believe me, I get it…the fairer sex sometimes deserves a sacrifice…but have some respect for yourself. Not only am I addressing the pack…I’m talking to myself in the mirror.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Damn this thread is eat up with the damn olds
Haha no kidding… as someone who has lurked around this board since I was a student at state in 2004, it’s been interesting to watch this board age into a meme of “Karens” and Boomers”

Reactions: ckDOG

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I'm a 60 year old bitcher. That's what we do. You shoulda seen me yesterday when a youngster blocked my driveway delaying my departure. I held on to the horn till he emerged from the 4-plex next to my apartment. "Okay, I'll Move" and I replied back "NOW?".... He then said "Meant no disrespect", and I shouted back "You've showed a TON of Disrespect"... Made me feel better about the incident.
Sick ‘‘em paw paw. I love it!

• Love
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Are you going to actually go? I didn't think so.

I would imagine the target demographic is 30 and under.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
They are getting filled. You just don’t hear it on the radio. There are quite a few grey country artists out there these days

sturgill aimpson
Tyler childers
Whitey Morgan
Colter wall
Brent cobb
Ryan bingham
To name a few
You can take sturgill Simpson off the list. He is no longer active.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I appreciate that information but I've just about given up. It's not the artist's fault. It is the producers and record companies. You've got a handful of companies/producers in control of everything. They've devised a formula that everybody will buy or play in their tight rotation on satellite radio or whatever streaming musical app you're listening to. It doesn't matter that it all sounds the same as long as they keep making big bucks.

I appreciate the guys like Sturgill Simpson who are trying, but you can only fight the machine for so long. I will stick with my extensive collection of classic rock and country. I've got a little bit of bluegrass, blues, classical, and even old-school hip-hop to listen to. I'm not wrong to sound cool I'm just sick of hearing the same crap. Every time I turn my radio on local station or even listen to a specialized channel on XM radio it's always the same 100 songs repeated over and over again.

The original

Again, I agree about radio country. I was pointing out good country musicians that you will rarely hear on the radio.
Whitey Morgan, Ian Noe, and turnpike troubadours are also great. And even Isbell has a country sound to him. Especially on his earlier stuff

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
You can take sturgill Simpson off the list. He is no longer active.
He is still recent enough to be thought of as carrying the torch of outlaw country.
But he is also playing at willie’s 90th birthday party. So I’m glad he is atleast able to sing again

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
For the original SBW I had the 4 Tops & Temptations booked and Charlie Carr over ruled me and got fing Ray Stevens instead. Charlie Carr was actually worse than the male cheerleader from Jackson prep and that dumbass from Tuscaloosa that now lives back in Bama.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
Why does anyone listen to the radio any more? With all the streaming options out there you can find so many Indy artists or small label artists that have the unique sound you crave. Couple of my current go to’s are Them Dirty Roses, Bryan Martin and Colter Wall.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login