More scandal for Penn St?

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Franklin is a first class *** and total DEI hire. If he was an Irish guy named James Franklin with the exact same resume he would have never gotten the job.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Devil's advocate here. They're former players. Is he required to comment?

I’d also bet he was told not to discuss it by the school’s legal counsel.
This is what immediately came to my mind...... given the past with JoePa, it's probably a contractual thing.

"Answer any question you want but if it's involving any sexual allegations of any kind....keep your mouth shut until the higher ups tell you what to say."

I don't like Franklin either. I think he's a phony. However, to be fair, he does tend to keep his nose clean at Penn St, so...

Reactions: Jmt1984

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
Why would he comment on an ongoing legal issue of which he probably has no direct knowledge?
Plus the fact that the accused are innocent until proven guilty and Franklin is neither judge nor jury.

Beyond that, established best practices from 250 years of case law in this country would counsel any of us not to comment on any pending court matter, criminal or civil, especially if potentially tangentially party to it (i.e. Franklin as the accused players' wealthy former coach at a wealthy institution where a potential victim could seek monetary restitution in a civil claim with a lower burden of proof and tenuous connection versus a criminal case).

"No comment. No comment. No comment."

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login