Morgan Wallen -Hardy add 2nd show in Vaught Hemingway

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Somewhere in my junk piled away in the attack I've got my first of 6 Stones Tickets that was prolly around $30 or so. 17 This Schit. That was back in in the early 80's for the Tattoo You Tour in The Superdome which was the largest indoor crowd for ANY event in history at the time. 17 This Schit. I wouldn't pay $250 to see Hendrix or Elvis if they came back from the dead.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It’s nice for the people who like his music and State’s programs will probably end up with a cut. I don’t really see a downside here.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
Aren't they both kinda bro country? I am thankful we have an artist that is a fan but it is hard for me to listen to most of "country music". Hell they had Colter Wall play in a bar there last year.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Somewhere in my junk piled away in the attack I've got my first of 6 Stones Tickets that was prolly around $30 or so. 17 This Schit. That was back in in the early 80's for the Tattoo You Tour in The Superdome which was the largest indoor crowd for ANY event in history at the time. 17 This Schit. I wouldn't pay $250 to see Hendrix or Elvis if they came back from the dead.
Not saying tickets aren't over priced, but the market dictates it and you some experiences are worth more than the money you pay for it.

Do you go to many concerts? Events? Travel? How much do you pay for it?

ETA: $30 in 1980 is $109 today. Hopefully you're going to get a better experience today than a non acoustic sounding Super Dome from 1980 as well. There's quite a bit of production used in today's concerts.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Aren't they both kinda bro country? I am thankful we have an artist that is a fan but it is hard for me to listen to most of "country music". Hell they had Colter Wall play in a bar there last year.

listen to this. The title track off his new album coming out in january. It will explain essentially what he has done to make it and what he wants to do. damn good somg and you can see the switch.
but hes still the songwriter of the year for country as well. Artists from all genres all love him and speak highly of him.
hes a killer representative of our school.

Last edited:

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
I say Hardy is more hard rock with some country flavor but I've only listened to a few songs. My sister loves him. Sold Out by Hardy is his top song if you wanted to hear what he sounds like.

Morgan Wallen I know nothing about but he plays that trappy, hip hopish beat with a acoustice sound and kinda raps it. That's what I hear on the radio at least and homie don't play that (I change the channel).

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
listen to this. The title track off his new album coming out in january. It will explain essentially what he has done to make it and what he wants to do. damn good somg and you can see the switch.
but hes still the songwriter of the year for country as well. Artists from all genres all love him and speak highly of him.
hes a killer representative of our school.

Damn. Thanks for that. Just listened to that 1st one and the sudden twist was damned good IMO. Still wouldn't pay two fiddy though. Just sayin'.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Not saying tickets aren't over priced, but the market dictates it and you some experiences are worth more than the money you pay for it.

Do you go to many concerts? Events? Travel? How much do you pay foin
I recently paid $110 for a floor ticket to see Reba McIntire in Memphis. It was well worth it. She's always been easy on the eyes and still is at age 67. And about 20K others thought so too that night.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Do you go to many concerts? Events? Travel? How much do you pay for it?

ETA: $30 in 1980 is $109 today. Hopefully you're going to get a better experience today than a non acoustic sounding Super Dome from 1980 as well. There's quite a bit of production used in today's concerts.
My age is definitely showing here (59). I was more obessed in my younger days making sacrifices to see concerts that I wouldn't do today such as the fact I saw The Stones 6 freakin' times and one of those was all by myself as I drove from Memphis to New Orleans for the Steel Wheels Show in The Superdome (was one of the weaker of the 6 Stones Shows I saw) because I could find nobody to go with me. I would never dream of doing something like that these days. But I understand the better production tech you speak of along with inflation and the fact that a ticket is worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
$250 for a ticket sounds ridiculous but if you factor in the total cost of attending games I’ve been paying much more than that per game per ticket for season tickets to watch football. There is still affordable music tickets out there. We saw ZZ Top and Jeff Beck a few months ago for $25 per ticket. Great concert.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I recently paid $110 for a floor ticket to see Reba McIntire in Memphis. It was well worth it. She's always been easy on the eyes and still is at age 67. And about 20K others thought so too that night.
Yep. I go to a lot of shows.

Most of them are local but I’ve done a bit of traveling too.

My age is definitely showing here (59). I was more obessed in my younger days making sacrifices to see concerts that I wouldn't do today such as the fact I saw The Stones 6 freakin' times and one of those was all by myself as I drove from Memphis to New Orleans for the Steel Wheels Show in The Superdome (was one of the weaker of the 6 Stones Shows I saw) because I could find nobody to go with me. I would never dream of doing something like that these days. But I understand the better production tech you speak of along with inflation and the fact that a ticket is worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it.
I go to shows solo often and I’m just a few years younger than you.

Granted, they’re mainly in the Jackson area but I’ll see friends at other venues throughout the state.

A few weeks ago, a couple folks who I sat next to earlier this year at the Standard Deluxe in Waverly, Alabama, recognized me at a Jackson show.

$250 for a ticket sounds ridiculous but if you factor in the total cost of attending games I’ve been paying much more than that per game per ticket for season tickets to watch football. There is still affordable music tickets out there. We saw ZZ Top and Jeff Beck a few months ago for $25 per ticket. Great concert.

The best show I’ve seen in Jackson this year cost me less than $20 to attend.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
There will probably be around 20-30K high school students attend the two concerts in Oxford. Not to mention how much $$$$$ Oxford Restaurants and business owners will make. I can guarantee you Ole Miss NIL will make some $$$ off that as well either directly or indirectly.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
I've paid around $400-$450 past few years for festivals but there's tons of acts there and lots to do. Again to me it's more about the experience.

I can't think of anyone I would pay $250 for a solo show to right now.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I saw a LOT of shows from the mid 70's to mid 80's (KISS, Elton John, The Doobie Brothers, Journey, Peter Frampton, Gary Wright, Heart, BB King 3x, .38 Special, The Stones in Atlanta, The Beach Boys, Eddie Money, Kool & the Gang, James Taylor, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, ZZ Top 3x, Dan Fogelberg, Alabama, Hank Jr, The Eagles, and Im sure there are more I'm not recalling. I look back today and wonder why the hell did I do that and spend all that money? I can probably find not the exact show but many of them online now. as well as many of the present day ones. And now the crowds, traffic, the cost, no way in Lucifers Domain would I go to any today

ForDale3

Nov 16, 2022
Wallen is either really good or really trash. There is pretty much no in between. Songs like 7 summers and cover me up have got some great guitar licks and musicianship, and you proof is the lamest stuff I’ve seen in years. It just depends

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I love Hardy and my wife was able to get us tickets. I haven't been to a concert in years but am looking forward to this one.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Hardy is a good golfer. That's pretty cool. He puts a lot of golf stuff on his instagram.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Ticket prices are ridiculous these days. I dropped $700 on a pair of tickets for the Eagles in New Orleans a few weeks back. My wife is a big fan of the Eagles and she wanted to go, so…A little over a year ago I spent $600+ for 2 tickets to see Eric Clapton at the same venue in New Orleans. It’s crazy but if there’s some act that you really want to see you pay the toll. The prices for tickets closer to the stage were crazy-$7500 each for seats in the first 10 rows closest to the stage. I guess if you got it, you can spend it.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
For everyone bitching about the price of tickets, how many concerts have you been to in the last few years? Streaming changed the profit model for musicians. They HAVE TO make money on tour.

Reactions: SteelCurtain74
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login