Most boring halftime show ever….

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I'm not the target demographic for Rihanna (sounds like most of us aren't). I didn't hate the halftime show, and it appeared that she hit a good portion of her popular collection (says my wife), but it just felt very lazy. She rode the platform up, then rode it down. Isn't she supposed to be a dancer too? Maybe it's not the best idea to have a preggo pop star with limited mobility (if that was the reason) as the halftime entertainment? My wife told me that she is known for her shows and stage presence, and last night just felt like "crowd the stage with as many dancers as we can fit while I sing amongst them".

Maybe it's missing the fans that crowd the stage during it. Maybe I'm just remembering the multi-person acts of recent years and it felt muted because she's a solo artist.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Agree. You could make an argument the pre-1985 DLR might have been better than Hagar (debatable, but close). But after 1985, DLR became a pathetic caricature of what he once was. Sammy Hager could go out and put on a great show tonight if he wanted to. Roth hasn't been able to do that for close to 40 years.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Poison and David Lee Roth put on a hell of a show in Jackson Coliseum in summer of 1988. Poison kicked ***, then Dave followed it up with a killer performance

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not the target demographic for Rihanna (sounds like most of us aren't). I didn't hate the halftime show, and it appeared that she hit a good portion of her popular collection (says my wife), but it just felt very lazy. She rode the platform up, then rode it down. Isn't she supposed to be a dancer too? Maybe it's not the best idea to have a preggo pop star with limited mobility (if that was the reason) as the halftime entertainment? My wife told me that she is known for her shows and stage presence, and last night just felt like "crowd the stage with as many dancers as we can fit while I sing amongst them".

Maybe it's missing the fans that crowd the stage during it. Maybe I'm just remembering the multi-person acts of recent years and it felt muted because she's a solo artist.

I’m sure the production was scaled way down once she figured out she was pregnant again. First baby was just born in May of last year. Her body probably was still recovering from first pregnancy when the 2nd one rolled along. That no doubt took a toll on how often and how long she could do rehearsals and on what she could do on stage.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
There is no single better way to out yourself as old than by complaining about the Super Bowl halftime show.
What you need to understand is that we old guys grew up during the golden years of pop music. From Elvis to the Beatles to MoTown and on and on we we're very lucky. There is no better way to out yourself as young than to act like most of the "music" being produced today is anything other than garbage and that goes for trashy Super Bowl halftime shows.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
What you need to understand is that we old guys grew up during the golden years of pop music. From Elvis to the Beatles to MoTown and on and on we we're very lucky. There is no better way to out yourself as young than to act like most of the "music" being produced today is anything other than garbage and that goes for trashy Super Bowl halftime shows.

Attachments

• 1676386180512.png
    1676386180512.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: mstateglfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I knew you’d eventually take up for Rihanna.
Did I?
Hey dummy- I responded to one person, who criticized LAST YEAR'S Halftime show and really was more so critical of how Emmys are awarded, and another person who just complained in general about an entire generation's entertainers and marketers.

I knew you'd eventually fail to handle basic reading comprehension.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I'm 46, I'm not young.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There is no single better way to out yourself as old than by complaining about the Super Bowl halftime show.

I would contend that spirited engagement in a Van Halen vs. Van Hagar debate is another way, and we’ve got both of those phenomena going on in the same thread right now.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I can only assume her performance was aimed at 16 year old humans.

I was once a 16 year old human (assigned male at birth) and can honestly say I don't believe 16 year old male me would have watched that performance and thought.. "You know, I didn't really care for it until she played with her cooch and smelled her fingers... but that got my attention! And later when she rubbed her crack and took another sniff.. HOO BOY!"

When I went to Monsters of Rock as a kid I wasn't sitting in the stands hoping Sammy Hagar would take a whiff of his pubes.

If you're talented enough as a performer to carry the Super Bowl show(and clearly Rihanna is) why do you need me to know that you enjoy the scent of your plumbing? Are you scared I won't like you unless you remind me you have a baby maker between your legs?

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Some of y'all take this half time stuff entirely too seriously.

I must be getting ancient because I don't turn the game on until game time so I ignore all the pregame BS.

Between the end of the 2d quarter and beginning of the 3 I'm usually making drinks, or food, or making a pit stop (usually all 3) so I ignore all the halftime BS

As soon as the game is over I turn to something else or turn the TV off so I ignore all the post game BS. Makes things much more enjoyable.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Some of y'all take this half time stuff entirely too seriously.

I must be getting ancient because I don't turn the game on until game time so I ignore all the pregame BS.

Between the end of the 2d quarter and beginning of the 3 I'm usually making drinks, or food, or making a pit stop (usually all 3) so I ignore all the halftime BS

As soon as the game is over I turn to something else or turn the TV off so I ignore all the post game BS. Makes things much more enjoyable.
I took a shower. It was more entertaining.

You two are trying too hard with the grumpy old white men get off my lawn this generation is weak impersonation.

You still have Barney dolls in the attic, right?

I used to spend some time with music guys from the production industry. You should hear them talk. We liked ProTools but they only liked it until Auto Tune and the new audio digital apps made people lazy. Most built their own studios and got out of the corporate music world and are having a blast with indy folks.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
The Super Bowl is basically family entertainment. Everyone watches it in all age groups. My Grandchildren age 6 and 10 are big KC fans and watched every minute of it. So have we reached the point where we need to have our children and grandchildren leave the room during halftime? I’m sure many posters on this board are young and don’t yet have children. If so you will see things differently one of these days. No one should be comfortable with small children watching that filth.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I probably should know better than to even ask this, but what in the wide world of sports makes you think that a billionaire pop star (with almost 3x the net worth of Taylor Swift) who has not only music and acting accolades but also fashion, perfume, and cosmetics empires at her disposal is someone that “doesn’t bathe very often”?

I mean I’m not a huge fan of her music, couldn’t care less about her on stage persona, but lets get serious here. I’m pretty sure her hygiene is more well taken care of than anyone on this board or any intimate partner that anyone on this board has ever had.

And full disclosure…..yes, I would.
She’s just nasty, in my opinion. You don’t have to agree with my opinion, by the way. All the money, accolades or whatever else in the world will help a truly nasty ho from being a nasty ho. There is still a thing referred to as “class”, and all the money in the world can change someone as nasty as this nasty bi+ch from being a nasty bi+ch as far as I’m concerned. There’s zero reason for any self-respecting woman to grab her crotch and run her hand up the crack of her *** and then sniff it, regardless of what you think or say. There’s no need for that to happen on a stage as big as the Super Bowl halftime show…

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login