Move over A&M. Ohio State is the NIL boss of amateur athletics

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
"Ohio State athletes have surpassed 1,000 NIL deals in year one, per
The Buckeyes have ranked 1st in: NIL compensation Number of athletes with least one NIL deal"
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1538583025352572929

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just wait. That title is going to be up for grabs among about 8 - 12 teams in the U.S ever year. The second year of this **** is going to make Saban pull the rest of his hair out.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Who's in charge of the NIL for players up there? I forget.

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
Who's in charge of the NIL for players up there? I forget.

If it is a direct transaction between an individual and sponsor, the individual and sponsor are solely in charge if the team is not disbursing the money.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Just wait. That title is going to be up for grabs among about 8 - 12 teams in the U.S ever year. The second year of this **** is going to make Saban pull the rest of his hair out.
Better than 2-3 right? Not to mention how funny it’s gonna be to watch teams without a lot of NIL influence beat the big boys from time to time. And the fallout of the highly paid busts. I can’t wait to see this system collapse on itself.

I really don’t see why folks are pessimistic. MSU should just sit back, stay in our lane and watch the circus eat itself at the top, and maybe we can make a run in the chaos.

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015

Consider absorbing the content on US News attached. Global betting has now encroached college football thru NIL. Genius, a major player, is based out of London UK and Myers and company in addition to the NCAA are mice compared to elephants in the end game. How does college football deal with this kind of global giant?

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...ts-eye-gambling-money-amid-safeguard-concerns

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Better than 2-3 right? Not to mention how funny it’s gonna be to watch teams without a lot of NIL influence beat the big boys from time to time. And the fallout of the highly paid busts. I can’t wait to see this system collapse on itself.

I really don’t see why folks are pessimistic. MSU should just sit back, stay in our lane and watch the circus eat itself at the top, and maybe we can make a run in the chaos.

The teams that would get hurt the most from a bust would be teams like MSU who only would be willing to spend on a player or 2. The big boys are going to spend boatloads of $ on a crop of prospects and won't give a rip if a couple don't pan out. So, essentially nothing will change. The have nots are still the have nots.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This quote reminded me of a documentary on the Boston College baseball game fixing scandal I saw. The mobster told the player, "Hey, we're not asking you to lose the game. We're fans too. We want you to win. Just don't cover the spread."
“And it’s easier for fixsters to approach those players because they don’t have to ask the player to fix a match,” Holt said. “'Hey, not only do we hope your team wins, we hope you play great. Just don’t get nine rebounds.'”

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"make Saban pull the rest of his hair out." If my memory serves me correctly Saban was the first one to openly brag about how much one of his players (QB I believe) was getting out of the NIL deal. Karma is definitely a *****.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
"make Saban pull the rest of his hair out." If my memory serves me correctly Saban was the first one to openly brag about how much one of his players (QB I believe) was getting out of the NIL deal. Karma is definitely a *****.

All Saban has to say "let's go" and Alabama will at the top of NIL $$$.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
So what’s everyone’s favorite club team on campus? I’ve always enjoyed supporting student athletes.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Both Texas and Texas A&M could buy Nick Saban and his entire team 20 times and never miss the money. #OilEndowments

yeah but the culture of the Texas administration will prevent them from ever being a top tier program

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login