Moving off our terrible offense

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
How do we not generate a pass rush AND not cover receivers? Seems like a decent defense would be able to do one of those.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
How do we not generate a pass rush AND not cover receivers? Seems like a decent defense would be able to do one of those.
This was a total team loss. Our Defense got ripped all game long. Their first drive was killed by them. Other than that they whipped our defense into submission.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Imadick

Jan 18, 2009
We get no pressure from defensive line and play soft with the cornerbacks. We lay off 5-7 yards when the offense only needed 3or 4 yards for a first. Got what you would expect.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Seems like a lot of half *** jogging around. Hard to tell if we’re slow or lazy. Maybe both.
They aren’t lazy. We have a bunch of try-hards on both sides of the ball, but almost no SEC athletes. I’m not kidding when I say we will likely have zero NFL draft picks off this squad in April. The only one who may have a shot is Tulu, but only if he impresses at the combine

Reactions: Ranchdawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It occurred to me today that none of us thought twice about promoting from within to hire a first time DC along with a first time HC and G5 for two years OC.

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
Our DL is fat and slow and they were gassed. Our LB are slow. DBs asked to cover man to man forever because our DL can’t get a pass rush. Really don’t get a good one often even when we rush LBs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Our DL is fat and slow and they were gassed. Our LB are slow. DBs asked to cover man to man forever because our DL can’t get a pass rush. Really don’t get a good one often even when we rush LBs
SMH Our DL isn't fat and slow. We run too much 3 man front because we have no one to play DE really because we haven't recruited it much. The rest is pretty accurate. We blitz too much because of it leaving holes and a lot of man coverage with matchup problems. Our CBs weren't terrible today. S was bad. Blew a couple coverages completely too. Richardson covered up Nabors on one long bomb but an incredible throw/catch.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think there will be a change at QB. When you have the entire student section booing a QB you know it is bad.

Reactions: STATEgrad04
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login