MSU AD fiscal report from 2022

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The average baseball game is 3 hours. The ticket price needs to be around $15 per hour. Average about 30 home games per year. So average season ticket needs to be around $1300 per season ticket.

So, 3x more than football? You serious right now?

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yep . Supply and Demand. $15 per hour of entertainment is a bargain. So what if attendance drops. Standing room only tickets for Ole Miss will be selling for $50-$60 each.

Since you are the clown who always calls college baseball a club sport, I can only assume you are trolling.

But in any case, your $15 per hour of entertainment figure is completely arbitrary. There is no demand at all for $1300 season tickets for baseball. We’d be playing in an empty stadium. If there was that level of demand, we would have built the new DNF bigger than TD Ameritrade. What you are proposing is more expensive than some MLB teams season ticket prices on a per game basis.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Since you are the clown who always calls college baseball a club sport, I can only assume you are trolling.

But in any case, your $15 per hour of entertainment figure is completely arbitrary. There is no demand at all for $1300 season tickets for baseball. We’d be playing in an empty stadium. If there was that level of demand, we would have built the new DNF bigger than TD Ameritrade. What you are proposing is more expensive than some MLB teams season ticket prices on a per game basis.
Well why did we spend $68 Million on a stadium that will not pay for itself? We should have put that money to revenue sports like Football and Basketball

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Well why did we spend $60Million on a stadium that will not pay for itself? We should have put that money to revenue sports like Football and Basketball

It will pay for itself eventually, but probably not for a decade from the opening date or longer. If you’re pissed about that, I guess call Scott Stricklin and give him a piece of your mind.

The honest truth is that if our athletic department had a crystal ball in 2015 that forecasted a completely legalized pay-for-play model for all NCAA athletes happening within 5 years, the whole thing would have been nixed and all that money would have gone to NIL.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
If you want more evidence, we had less than 5,000 people who were willing to pay about 30% of what you’re suggesting per year when the new stadium was built. I’m not seeing the math that says all those same people and then some would pay 2.5 to 3 times as much now, only 7 years later…..while still also shelling out thousands for football and basketball tickets.

Exactly. Anyone and everyone had ample opportunity to buy a seat at a bargain price before the stadium was even designed. What we ended up with represents the number of fans that ponied up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login