MSU basketball vs hogs

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Arkansas has beaten all but one (bama) opponent substantially at home this season. They just rolled UK @ Rupp, shooting 72% from the field in the second half! Making 62.7% for the game! Record night for the Hogs.

Their best player is 6’6” guard Ricky Council, from Durham, NC. He’s a junior so I bet Shak Moore played against him in high school.

They have the #1 PG in the country with freshman 6’7” Anthony Black. They had the #2 signing class of 2022.

MSU will have to play a near perfect game in order to be competitive with Arkansas. I’m one of the biggest MSU basketball homers here, but this game is going to be very difficult. They too are playing their best ball of the season, should be interesting.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
This is the biggest potential steal we have left on the schedule until the SEC tournament.
It would be huge, but the chances of it happening are slimmer to slimmest.
I hope it's interesting.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We’ve at least been competitive in every game but one. I would like to see us hang around in this one and then maybe we find a way to steal one in the end.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I still think this will be the most challenging game we play, except for at Missouri. They both have played exceptionally well at home. I feel good about our basketball team, but If we pull this off, I will probably begin to get woolier than I should be.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Reactions: TulsaLawDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is an L. No way no how we win this one. Not any chance whatsoever. Just bringing home a doggie bag of decent BBQ on the flight is the W here. Forget about it.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
While I'm glad we won, I have to admit, I cannot remember seeing Arkansas so mistake-prone on their home floor. I have to give credit to Jans and the staff, they out-coached the Arkansas coaches.

I'd like to think that it was our defense that made Arkansas vunerable, but I'm not sure. The officiating in that game was SO BAD (for both sides). I saw multiple carries, travels, 3-second violations, and inconsistent foul calling that left me scratching my head. The last 12:00 was almost too painful to watch.

Bottom line: Gritty performance on the road where we've struggled for decades (Ark). This is a signature SEC win (at least to date) for Jans. Hope this momentum continues

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
This is an L. No way no how we win this one. Not any chance whatsoever. Just bringing home a doggie bag of decent BBQ on the flight is the W here. Forget about it.
Good job. I had a good feeling about this game as soon as I saw this post the other day.

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Somebody wrote that officiating would be huge. AND IT WAS. We did not get the calls and Ark got to the line more than triple than we did. That was BS.
Nevertheless, the Dawgs prevailed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login