MSU could finish 5-7, lose to Ole Miss, & Leach will coach his 4th year here

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Looking at the schedule and barring outlier events (e.g. key personnel injuries), it is highly likely that MSU will win only two more games: Auburn and ETSU. The remaining games will more than likely be losses but there will be no "embarassing" losses as the team will be or appear to be "competitive."

Sure, it is possible that there will be a game that MSU shouldn't have won will go MSU's way to make them 6-6, but that will be a best-case scenario and will also caused by an outlier.

For these and other reasons, Leach's retention will remain unthreatened because there will be insufficent justification to make any head coaching changes. The team will be just competitive enough and intriguing enough ("Air Raid" schtick) to keep fans cautiously optimistic. Will Rogers will be returning for another year which will help create stability (or the promise of stability), but much more importantly, it is too risky and too expensive for MSU to make changes. It will be easier to attempt to justify a change if Year 4 is a less than a 6-6 record -- which is very unlikely. In short, he'd have to implode --which is also highly unlikely.

Furthermore, if (when) Leach goes 7-5 (or better) and beats Ole Miss (in Starkville) in Year 4, he will be a lock for a 5th year. So reagrdless if you jump off the Leach bandwagon in the next 2-3 weeks of losses, settle in and buckle up -- you will see Leach coaching MSU through at least 2024 or longer -- much to the chagrin of many 6-packers

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The only thing highly likely is we will lose to Bama and Georgia… every other sec game is a toss up.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
So, you’re an idiot. HIGHLY LIKELY to win only two more games?

What? We are favored this weekend. That means, statistically, we are more likely to win than lose. If we win as predicted to do, we will be favored against Arkansas. We aren’t losing to Auburn or ETSU. I’ll stop there.

Im certainly not a huge Leach fan, still in hope and watch mode. But, clearly you have an agenda.

In fact, I’ll be willing to bet you (name your amount), that we win 6 or more games this year.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I know Auburn is awful but our games with them are tend to be screwy so I take nothing for granted there.

We have a favorable matchup vs Ark and hopefully won’t blow it like we did last year

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I doubt that he is a MSU fan. His posts read like emails my lawyer sends me… gather from that what you will…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
One of the side-effects of the late Jay Keehley having been one of his professors.

And one of mine as well.

Last edited:

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’m not sure where you draw those conclusions from. What about Arky, Kentucky, or A&M appears to be insurmountable?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
We’ve got about a 50% chance of 7-5, a 45% chance of 6-6, and about a 5% chance of literally any other final record. The 5-7 case you make isn’t even close to likely….it would be an outlier event in and of itself which would require a whole lot to go wrong and very little to go right. And even still, it would likely be an event where you could point to 2 or 3 plays being the difference in 7-5 or 8-4….just like its been many other times throughout our history.

Last edited:

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
Why don’t you focus on taking one step a time turbo……

Let’s start by playing the game Saturday an see how we stand after that game. Personally, I think aTm has no balls but we will see pretty soon. It would be weird if the milkmen really were eunuchs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login