MSU-South Carolina MBB Game

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Halftime score of Mississippi State 45 South Carolina 23. Garrison Brooks has 18 points

I know we have some deficiencies in our team but I really think this squad could go on a run in a tournament like the SEC or if they get to the NCAA.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Tonight we look like a top 20 team. Easily. Why can’t we see this with any consistency?

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Alabama lost to Georgia, then beat Baylor the very next game. Which team is the real Alabama?

patdog

May 28, 2007
USC isn’t a great team for sure. But they don’t suck. If we can play like this with any consistency, we’ll have a really good finish to the season. It’s a very big if though.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've actually watched a few games where we were playing terrible but tonight this is a different bunch than I've seen all year long. They may be starting to figure some things out. Of course I could be wrong but I'm hopeful instead of being a sad sack.

ETA: I think the old dude standing underneath our basket doesn't know how to make any foul call except charging and that last one when the South Carolina player knocked the ball out of bounds and they gave it right back to him was so stupid. Can we ever have decent refereeing in this league?

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
State could be a lot better if they played 40
Minutes with intense effort, both offensively and defensively, especially with hustling after loose balls and rebounding.
That’s the one thing I’ve noticed consistently this year is that all 5 on the floor don’t play hard.
Always have 1 or 2 or 3 that are loafing.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
SC held UT and Aub to 66 pts and those are the only 2 teams other than MSU to shoot above 50% for the game. SC one of the better defensive teams in the league.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Best game we played all season until the 5:41 mark of the second half. Then we played like the game was already over, which is basically was. If we play Saturday like we did the first 35 minutes of the game tonight, we’ve got every chance in the world of beating Arkansas.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Alabama lost to Georgia, then beat Baylor the very next game. Which team is the real Alabama?

When Bama hits 21 three pointers in one game they'll beat anyone.

But that only happens 1-2 times a season.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
When Bama hits 21 three pointers in one game they'll beat anyone.

But that only happens 1-2 times a season.

Bama is one of those teams that could beat Gonzaga one night and lose to Jackson State the next.

The strange thing is the announcers were talking about how good Howland is and this team could be with things like a healthy Tolu and a few more threes. They were honest about our good and bad games this season and believed we could make the Dance and maybe make some noise.

Someone needed to tell them Howland is a wasted paycheck with a pulse and our men's basketball season was already over before the tip off of our game. Negative posts are one thing but the way the threads descend into nastiness quickly. I know there is none of that in this thread but recent basketball threads have. Nobody was even talking about the game and we were over 20 points.

This board is starting to reflect social media but we can lock our threads when people forget how to have healthy discussions and gather like monkeys throwing **** all over everything they disagree with. If you are really getting that upset over OT topics or MSU sports threads take a couple of days off. I did.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Bingo, it they gave the effort our ladies team is

Giving they would be a Top 20 team.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Maybe our fans will lead the way on effort next Wednesday night and actually show up for a huge home game vs Tenn.

Dog316

Aug 21, 2012
Tonight we look like a top 20 team. Easily. Why can’t we see this with any consistency?

When teams are basically equal in talent it is not probable that they will consistently win or lose. It is a mixed bag. It is fools good to think you can dominate unless you have vastly superior talent. The inability of some fans to acknowledge this leads to a lot on the of frustration shown on message boards after each loss.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login