MSU vs Creighton, NCAA TOURN., womens Basketball up at 5PM

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Tough game. Creighton will be disciplined, play very good D and can pop from 3.

Our guards are the key. Keep turnovers down, guard the perimeter and remember that Jessika Carter is the best post player in the game.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's obvious early they're giving the 3 over easy 2's for Carter and we're making them pay hitting 4 of 5.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You should never told me I turned over and we immediately lost the big lead so I'm not gonna watch it again till the second half. What the hell happened to us?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You should never told me I turned over and we immediately lost the big lead so I'm not gonna watch it again till the second half. What the hell happened to us?
Creighton made a run. Basketball is a game of runs. Still up 10 at the half but don’t know if they can continue to shoot the 3 at this pace.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am just convinced I'm bad luck if I watch more of a game than I think I should. At least when it comes to our girls playing.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
47-37 lead at halftime. Up by as many as 17 but Creighton made a run to end the half. Hopefully our hot shooting continues in the second half.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What a shooting display. 65-45 going to the final 10 minutes.

The refs can't even steal this one from us, even though they're trying.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I did the exact same thing. Turned it back on and we're up 20 at the end of the 3rd qtr., but I'm afraid to turn back on it. We ALWAYS play better when i don't watch.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I might regret this but I think you're good. We're up 23 with 7 to go. Watch away.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Do you think his coaching is suddenly better after a decade + doing it, or is it maybe that the girls are executing his teaching better than they did early?
Execution is definitely better. I did not mean to seem like I thought he was a bad coach. His rotations have gotten better and it helps that both Carters and Parker are healthy

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Execution is definitely better. I did not mean to seem like I thought he was a bad coach. His rotations have gotten better and it helps that both Carters and Parker are healthy

Yup, they've all gotten better and it definitely helps a ton that the team is healthy.

This win is above and beyond expectations. He can get us back in the mix with the better teams.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I might regret this but I think you're good. We're up 23 with 7 to go. Watch away.
I did. I think we were grossly under ranked for the tournament, but from what I see, the Southeastern conference is kicking *** anyway.

Looks like we hit a home run with this coach. I like his style.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I did. I think we were grossly under ranked for the tournament, but from what I see, the Southeastern conference is kicking *** anyway.

I think playing the the SEC and injuries definitely lowered our seed. We can definitely make a run but no one is beating USCe.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think playing the the SEC and injuries definitely lowered our seed. We can definitely make a run but no one is beating USCe.
The talking point was that the SEC was down this year. Judging by how all the teams have played I think that’s been proven to be incorrect.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If Purcell is as good a recruiter as advertised, this gives him a lot to sell.

We've earned it, but we're now in a better spot than Ole Miss. They've got an even matchup tonight for the honor of playing Stanford at home.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

We weren't grossly underseeded, but we could have easily been a 9 or 10 seed.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
We weren't grossly underseeded, but we could have easily been a 9 or 10 seed.
Not based on our record but based on our talent and ability I think we could have been a 5-6 if everyone stayed healthy. Who knows but I feel like we can hang with ND. We'll still get out *** whipped by the gamecocks. They are Oklahoma softball level good.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Does Jessika Carter have another year of eligibility??

This is her 4th year playing and she had the year off with her issues she's hopefully got straight on now. So, I assume not, but COVID seems to magically create a lot of long college careers.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login