MSU vs MSU

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It’s an 8/9 game so you’re dealing with comparable teams. I think we were seeded exactly one spot higher than them.

They’re a good defensive team but so-so offensively. 14 losses but a legendary coach that has won a ton in March. Captain obvious here but we’ll have to play very well to win.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I’ve just seen a little of Spartans play, big ten is down this year and they are not a great team. Izzy is a good coach. if state plays well like they have the last 3 games they should win. If they shoot poorly, make stupid mistakes they will get beat.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I just hope it's not a "beat down"
I’m not sure what the equivalent is of giving up 9 runs in 3 innings in basketball, but if we do that, it would in fact be a beat down. I’m guessing that’s like 50 points in a half.

Even if we come back, it’s a beat down if we lose.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m not sure what the equivalent is of giving up 9 runs in 3 innings in basketball, but if we do that, it would in fact be a beat down. I’m guessing that’s like 50 points in a half.

Even if we come back, it’s a beat down if we lose.
But we DIDN'T lose and you're still sticking with we got "beat down" yesterday, even though we came back and won. So I guess you're saying we got beat down but they only got beat? You never cease to amaze us.......

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
I found this on their 247:View attachment 542376
Regarding their NET and Kenpom, they beat the hell out of Baylor on a “neutral” court in Detroit which is by far their most impressive win. Baylor hasn’t been great away from home, but I wonder what Mich State metrics would look like without this game.

Our neutral court metrics are 17’n elite (top 5) if you are looking for a reason we can make a run.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Regarding their NET and Kenpom, they beat the hell out of Baylor on a “neutral” court in Detroit which is by far their most impressive win. Baylor hasn’t been great away from home, but I wonder what Mich State metrics would look like without this game.

Our neutral court metrics are 17’n elite (top 5) if you are looking for a reason to get boned up heading into the tourney.

They got a better seed than many were expecting, being the highest ranked 9 seed. Many had them in Dayton or possibly even out.

Having said that, they were a preseason Top 5 team that underachieved. They were a Sweet 16 team last year and returned a lot of guys from that team. Don’t need Izzo to flip the switch on in March like he’s done many times before.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
They got a better seed than many were expecting, being the highest ranked 9 seed. Many had them in Dayton or possibly even out.

Having said that, they were a preseason Top 5 team that underachieved. They were a Sweet 16 team last year and returned a lot of guys from that team. Don’t need Izzo to flip the switch on in March like he’s done many times before.
Looks like the only contributor they lost was Houser, 14.4 pts/7.0 rebs. Significant loss, but as you said, still underachieved.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Looks like the only contributor they lost was Houser, 14.4 pts/7.0 rebs. Significant loss, but as you said, still underachieved.

There are some similarities to Texas A&M with them. Both highly regarded before the season but didn’t live up to the hype. And depending on what day you watch them they can either be impressive or not very good. Ironically both of them are 9 seeds.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
324th in free-throw percentage . . . . THAT'S what is frustrating.
If it makes you feel any better, Mich State is 243. 67% vs 71%

What concerns me most is their defensive turnover rate vs our offensive turnover rate. The glaring statistical mismatch Thursday.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login