MSU vs UK Baseball Game 2 Thread

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Gartman showing why every kid should learn to throw a change as soon as possible. No extra stress and just so deadly.

we are hitting way too many ground balls

Reactions: patdog

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
It’s the same as last year. Face a pitcher with a pulse and we aren’t doing anything at the plate. Way too aggressive.

It is fun that Kentucky’s winning streak is at 12 since our losing streak is the same.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
It’s nearly 500 miles from Starkville to Lexington and I think we have more fans there than they have.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Gartman looking solid. 7 K’s through 3 innings.

Most of the fans behind the plate are MSU folks.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Don’t love the sac bunt with the leadoff man in the Top of the 5th with the wind blowing out.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Hancock injured or something? Not sure why else you’d let Highfill pinch hit there. Why not pinch hit a left hander and then let Highfill catch?

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Hancock injured or something? Not sure why else you’d let Highfill pinch hit there. Why not pinch hit a left hander and then let Highfill catch?
Yeah, I’m not sure if Hancock is injured. If not, that’s a very confusing substitution.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
KY now has 4 hits. And 7 runs. Still some game left but where's that "feeling better now" thread? Make that 5 and 8. For years I enjoyed watching State basketball then Rick Ray and average teams so I lost interest until this year. I've always watched baseball because, except for a couple years, we were good and often really good and it's a great sport. We have some good players, but not enough to make much of a difference it seems. Nothing against the players who are playing hard, I'm a State fan, but watching us lose in baseball especially since it's perfectly reasonable to assume we'll lose, isn't all that appealing or entertaining. Lemonis got us a Natty, something perhaps better coaches didn't do. He deserves some respect for that.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I wish they would just go ahead and pull Polk out of the press box and let hi coach if we are going to suck this bad. *******

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Little League home run. Not getting bothered by it. Nothing I can do about it. That's our baseball team now. That's the team we have to support or tune out (like KY fans apparently). My Ole Miss, LSU and Arky family and friends should have a good season of baseball, though.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
“They call that a little league home run”

it’s obvious even to the announcers that we don’t play on a college skill level

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
KY now has 4 hits. And 7 runs. Still some game left but where's that "feeling better now" thread? Make that 5 and 8. For years I enjoyed watching State basketball then Rick Ray and average teams so I lost interest until this year. I've always watched baseball because, except for a couple years, we were good and often really good and it's a great sport. We have some good players, but not enough to make much of a difference it seems. Nothing against the players who are playing hard, I'm a State fan, but watching us lose in baseball especially since it's perfectly reasonable to assume we'll lose, isn't all that appealing or entertaining. Lemonis got us a Natty, something perhaps better coaches didn't do. He deserves some respect for that.

Who could’ve possibly seen this coming?**

Good teams make mistakes. Bad teams repeat the same ones over and over game. Make no mistake… This is bad, poorly coached, and undisciplined team

patdog

May 28, 2007
KY now has 4 hits. And 7 runs. Still some game left but where's that "feeling better now" thread?
Yeah. That thread didn’t age well. At least none of the damage was self inflicted. Oh wait….,

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
And that’s the point. Coach decided to play the SAME guys who did nothing but cause Ls last year. Time for new blood.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login