Much needed shakeup going on at US Soccer.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Earnie Stewart & Brian McBride out. Need to get rid of Parlow & Markgraff on the women’s side too. The nepotism is off the charts. What are the odds that the best person for the 5 top off-field positions would all be former US national team players?

Reactions: jjacke

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Parlow might be better than Cordeiro. Who'd be next?

I can see what you mean about Markgraf-- but let's see how the WNT does in the World Cup though. They've at least earned some trust since they've traditionally performed very well (notwithstanding those friendlies in October and November).

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Parlow might be better than Cordeiro. Who'd be next?

I can see what you mean about Markgraf-- but let's see how the WNT does in the World Cup though. They've at least earned some trust since they've traditionally performed very well (notwithstanding those friendlies in October and November).
We’re all going to see this summer how far US womens soccer is falling. They’ll blame it on the coach of course, but it’s not his fault. All the top international players are playing in the top European leagues now. And US players are wasting their time playing cupcake friendlies & in a much weakened NWSL (where they don’t even play half the games anyway). Short story is the rest of the world is getting better & the US is coasting. We’ll be lucky to get past the quarterfinals.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Reyna out at Austin FC too.
(may have been in the article, I didn’t read it)
O really? Damn dude his wife really screwed everything up. I'd be super pissed if my wife did something like that. Of course, he could have been fine with it at the time.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Earnie Stewart & Brian McBride out. Need to get rid of Parlow & Markgraff on the women’s side too. The nepotism is off the charts. What are the odds that the best person for the 5 top off-field positions would all be former US national team players?

All of this drama was unexpected, but this is par for the course in other countries around the world. Take a look at the soccer history of any good futballing nation and you will see a never ending soap opera of drama and scandals. Despite what others (most who know nothing about soccer) might say, GB took US soccer to another level and I will always appreciate him for doing that. We are going into the 2026 World Cup with tons of young talent that will have plenty of experience in the next 4 years.

I care nothing about the USWNT and never will, but the men took a big step.

Reactions: jjacke
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login