Mullen back to State

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
So who do they go after then? Kirby? He ain't leaving UGA. Freeze? I don't think you see him in the SEC again ever. Dabo? The only place he leaves Clemson for is Bama, maybe. Jimbo? Lol! Sumlen? They actually could do a lot worse, but they won't do it. There is always Croom!

Auburn fired Gus Malzhan, the winningest coach against Nick Saban, because Alabama had left Auburn so far in the dust. I don’t know who Auburn hires, but it won’t be Dan Mullen, a guy who couldn’t beat Saban with an NFL QB and an NFL TE.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Bammer is coming back to the pack with a level playing field with NIL. A lot of people will start beating saban.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Bammer is coming back to the pack with a level playing field with NIL. A lot of people will start beating saban.

Not sure how you see NIL "leveling the playing field.' Maybe among the top 7 or 8 programs, but the field is tilted even worse for everyone else.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Not sure how you see NIL "leveling the playing field.' Maybe among the top 7 or 8 programs, but the field is tilted even worse for everyone else.

They really don't realize how the NIL along with Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC is going to affect our football program I'm glad our baseball team will still compete for a while.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'd take him back in a minute. I think he's finished looking for his dream job. He had it made here and maybe realizes it now.

I dunno. I mean... I still have the feeling he'd be a merc here so he could rehab his image until something else comes along. I think he'd be here for about 3 years, have one of those high point in the sine wave seasons, then be in the mix for Auburn after Harsin gets fired.

EdwardDrayton

Jul 1, 2022
No. Nope. Not ever. Do not ever want to see Donnie Mullins on our sideline again.

Would hire Rich Rodriguez with Charlie Weis as his assistant before I’d ever call Donnie M. And that goes double for Scoot Strickins.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I'm in the "hell naw" group. He burned us once and we think he won't do it again? The main problem I have with Danny is that he likes to start his job shopping before the season ends. Every year we have a VERY important game to win at the end of the season, but this gets in his way for that next big gig. He would pull a Manny Diaz over and over again and I don't want to be known as a coaching rehab destination. Also, being from the Urban Meyer tree isn't looking so great these days.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login