MUST-SEE Gameday activities

CFLDawg

Nov 29, 2014
I'm bringing my 16 year-old son to the Texas A&M game. I'm a State Graduate and he's a HUGE fan (MSU is his dream school). We live in Florida now so I haven't been to a game in Starkville for 13 years (JSU...Mullen's first game) and he's NEVER been to a game. So... what are the must-see things around campus on gameday? He's in his High School band, so I definitely want him to experience a little bit of the Famous Maroon Band (I'm an alum there as well). I cannot WAIT to be there with him to experience the first time he sees his Bulldogs take the field in Starkville.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The campus itself is impressive all around…

I'm bringing my 16 year-old son to the Texas A&M game. I'm a State Graduate and he's a HUGE fan (MSU is his dream school). We live in Florida now so I haven't been to a game in Starkville for 13 years (JSU...Mullen's first game) and he's NEVER been to a game. So... what are the must-see things around campus on gameday? He's in his High School band, so I definitely want him to experience a little bit of the Famous Maroon Band (I'm an alum there as well). I cannot WAIT to be there with him to experience the first time he sees his Bulldogs take the field in Starkville.

Especially in the fall when the leaves are turning.

We visited the Notre Dame campus a few weeks ago. It’s regarded as a beautiful campus, but to my entire family (wife who went to a college in TX), ours was significantly more beautiful. Really, not even close.

I think the uniformity of the bricks on the ND campus works against them…. Not an aesthetically pleasing look, and every (literally) building has the same bricks. Their golden dome on the main building is beautiful. And their campus chapel rivals St. Paul’s cathedral in London, if you ask me. It was breathtaking.

But we have a helluva campus these days.

grinnindawg

Aug 22, 2012
Band warms up and marches to stadium from McCarthy. That starts around 3h before kick I think.

Dog walk is fun.

Since your last game was 13y ago you will be amazed at how many folks tailgate now. I'd recommend just walking around them a bit.

Lots of new buildings on campus. If you can get there Friday there may be a campus tour you can take.

The Grant museum in the library is worth the time if you like that sort of thing.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Go see the drill field. Not really a game day thing but I always like taking people there when we go to campus. Then walk by the chapel, tell the story if you know it. Take a tour of bell island and the junction tailgating. Make a stop by MAFES for some ice cream, then get back for the dog walk in the junction.

Bulldogbilly

Mar 19, 2020
The Hail State sign between Montgomery and the cafeteria is an awesome photo spot. I agree on how good campus looks.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Lots of good restaurants in Cotton District where you can eat and walk to campus. Bulldog Burger, Bin 612, Two Brothers, Uno Mas, Mugshots.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login