My biggest concern about Will Rogers

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Yep. I'll never forget that deep ball Fant threw in the Superdome when we lost to Tulane. My Peruvian wife who had never been to a football game but always went crazy when Peru was playing soccer said "How did he throw it that far and so accurate?".... Will also thows against his body as well as I've ever seen as well.
Kevin Fant was the best pure passing QB we've had until Will came along. If Jackie had produced an OL the last two years that Fant was here he would have been in the NFL. Jackie let him and us down with the way he coached the OL back then.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Sep 4, 2012
First, let me say that I take full blame and responsibility for the LSU game. Second, if we played them again we would beat them. I’m a no excuses guy, but I didn’t get any sleep the night before that game. Felt like I had covid, but I didn’t. It wasn’t their pressure as much as it was that I was just physically tired before the game, and that had effect on my mental acuity to make the right adjustments. Because of that I let my teammates and coaches down. But that’s in the past, and right now we are 4-1. After this Saturday we’ll be 5-1, and then you can get back to me about my stats. I should be leading the nation in passing in every major category. Keep doubting me, it fires me up.
lol

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
First, let me say that I take full blame and responsibility for the LSU game. Second, if we played them again we would beat them. I’m a no excuses guy, but I didn’t get any sleep the night before that game. Felt like I had covid, but I didn’t. It wasn’t their pressure as much as it was that I was just physically tired before the game, and that had effect on my mental acuity to make the right adjustments. Because of that I let my teammates and coaches down. But that’s in the past, and right now we are 4-1. After this Saturday we’ll be 5-1, and then you can get back to me about my stats. I should be leading the nation in passing in every major category. Keep doubting me, it fires me up.
No doubts here brother and don't listen to those that have never been in the arena.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood.."

HailState

Ok probably not the real Will but I'll support both them. Keep up the good work

Last edited:
Reactions: Will Rogers.sixpack

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

Hey man, if it requires hot takes from random idiots on the internet to fire you up, then all I can say is .....
You Suck Colin Jost GIF by Saturday Night Live

Now go out and kick ***.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Kevin Fant was the best pure passing QB we've had until Will came along. If Jackie had produced an OL the last two years that Fant was here he would have been in the NFL. Jackie let him and us down with the way he coached the OL back then.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The O-Line not getting the job done and Will sometimes not reacting fast enough with limited wheels at times under pressure will always frustrate STATE fans. QB's not performing well when under constant pressure is not uncommon though and Will's not the only one for sure. What Will does well though is more import IMO. The dude throws into traffic while limiting INT's about as good as any college QB because he sees the defender not knowing when or where the pass is coming and THAT is something he does REAL Fast and VERY acccurate. I've never seen a QB at STATE throw timing patterns bettern Will.
Will is also good at throwing receivers open. The back shoulder TD to Ducking last week is a prime example. Lesser QBs or even a freshman Rogers would have tried to force the corner fade but Will threw him open to the front pylon long before the route had even developed.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Several broadcasts have made a point to show Will throwing a ball before the receiver comes out of his break. Really impressive to see routes like that and think about how much repetition you need to be able to do that while going through reads.
Yessir! But it’s pretty obvious and a big bust when receivers make the wrong cut left or right. You always see Will go and cover that w/them after the play. All them Leach reps & understanding the scheme is what makes it all work so well when it does go good tho.

It just seems to me Will expects his receivers to know the plays and expects them to be there once the ball is snapped because that’s where he’s going good, bad, or indifferent.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I want to know why your brother so big. Rogers the II and the I are not tall. Does it come from you mothers' side of the family?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login