My little one tested positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Out of school for 6 days. Which puts me out of work for 6 days.

Luckily all he has right now is a low grade fever. Otherwise he feels fine. Yall keep him in good thoughts that things stay that way.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My 9 year olds got it back in September. They ran just a touch of fever and generally a cold for a couple of days. Best of luck.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
At home with my 4 yo bouncing off the walls right now. We picked him up from Preschool Friday with a fever around 102. Luckily got him a test that afternoon and it came back positive. It's now taking a week to get in for a test around here. Anyways, his fever lasted a little over 24-36 hours, no other symptoms. Everyone else is asymptomatic. Assume we would probably test positive since we live in the worlds smallest house with no ventilation.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
At home with my 4 yo bouncing off the walls right now. We picked him up from Preschool Friday with a fever around 102. Luckily got him a test that afternoon and it came back positive. It's now taking a week to get in for a test around here. Anyways, his fever lasted a little over 24-36 hours, no other symptoms. Everyone else is asymptomatic. Assume we would probably test positive since we live in the worlds smallest house with no ventilation.

School nurse called yesterday and said he has a fever of 100.3. He’s six. So I had to go pick him up. Pediatrician tested him and gave us the positive.

In turn, I had to get tested at Ingalls. Threw me for negative, which is surprising since I take an immunosuppressant injection daily.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Our whole house got it right before Christmas. Me, my wife, and all 3 kids. My youngest is 3 and she was the one I was worried about. I felt bad for a day and then was completely back to normal. The 3 year old had the slightest of coughs. The other two kids were asymptomatic. My wife felt like crap for a week. Here’s hoping you get the same good luck we had.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
One of my older brothers has been battling leukemia for over a year now and recently tested positive for corona so that means leukemia treatment goes on hold for 3 weeks or so. The corona morphed into pneumonia and caused his oxygen count to drop to dangerous levels. We were almost sure he was going to be placed on a ventilator but the pneumonia responded to treatment and he is much better now. We are extremely grateful to the good folks at MD Anderson for the fine work they do.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
My 8 year old grandson tested positive two days ago. Had two rapid tests and a PCR, so he's definitely got it. He's feeling fine though - very little fever and basically just gets to stay home from school. Yesterday, 8 others in his class were out. His quarantine is over Sunday.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
One of my older brothers has been battling leukemia for over a year now and recently tested positive for corona so that means leukemia treatment goes on hold for 3 weeks or so. The corona morphed into pneumonia and caused his oxygen count to drop to dangerous levels. We were almost sure he was going to be placed on a ventilator but the pneumonia responded to treatment and he is much better now. We are extremely grateful to the good folks at MD Anderson for the fine work they do.

Very happy to hear of the improvement! Many prayers

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

Dang, that's sad to hear. But also glad the pneumonia treatment seems to be working well. My sister spent 3-4 weeks in the hospital with pneumonia, but as far as a I know, no positive Covid.

AtlantaDawg

Nov 27, 2017
Out of school for 6 days. Which puts me out of work for 6 days.

Luckily all he has right now is a low grade fever. Otherwise he feels fine. Yall keep him in good thoughts that things stay that way.

Best of luck to you and all of the little ones who tested positive on this thread...

FYI - I had it and it was pretty much the flu. My 90 year old mom had it back in April of 2020 (no vaccination) and soldiered through it fine. I have a brother, grown son, his wife, several nephews, etc... who have all had it. Everyone said that it was pretty much the flu.

Then there is this from Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA. He has been banned on twitter, so you know that he is stating the truth:

https://www.westernjournal.com/good...-like-something-vaccinologist-design-purpose/

"Vaccine scientist Dr. Robert Malone believes there is some very good news emerging from the rapid spread of the coronavirus, suggesting that God may have given the world a “Christmas present” in the form of the omicron variant."

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You may not test positive for up to 5 days after exposure, but I am not sure that matters anymore as we are basically all exposed all of the time now days. You should be in the clear on having symptoms in another couple of days. My wife works for a very large healthcare company that's tapping out at 20,000 visits a day right now mostly due to omicron. They are seeing 2-4 days after exposure as the common timeframe for symptom onset after exposure. Which is faster than previous waves.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
You may not test positive for up to 5 days after exposure, but I am not sure that matters anymore as we are basically all exposed all of the time now days. You should be in the clear on having symptoms in another couple of days. My wife works for a very large healthcare company that's tapping out at 20,000 visits a day right now mostly due to omicron. They are seeing 2-4 days after exposure as the common timeframe for symptom onset after exposure. Which is faster than previous waves.

The only bit that makes me anxious if/when I get it is my auto immune disorder and the treatment I’m under for it. Not sure how I’ll respond to it, but who knows.

Just glad my son didn’t get my disorder and is healthy.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
My 11 & 7 year old tested positive back in middle of August and were out of school for over a week. They ran fever for a day and a half (at most) but then drove my wife and I nuts for that week plus.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Seems like everyone will just get this stuff and move on at this point.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'm guessing you will only be half right on that prediction... Never waste a good crisis and all.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
In my prayers. Hopefully he bounces back quick. Life gets hard when your kids don't feel well.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My Daughter and Granddaughter are positive. Granddaughter is asymptomatic and Daughter said she has mild symptoms.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012

Amen to the staff at MD Anderson. A bunch of rock stars work there.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
Then there is this from Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA. He has been banned on twitter, so you know that he is stating the truth:

"Vaccine scientist Dr. Robert Malone believes there is some very good news emerging from the rapid spread of the coronavirus, suggesting that God may have given the world a “Christmas present” in the form of the omicron variant."[/QUOTE]

Dr.Malone and Dr Peter McCullough are lights in the dark.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I read this and kept waiting for sarcasterisks... "he's banned from twitter so you know he is stating the truth".. dear god. we are never going to get beyond this...

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Or they happen to be the quacks that you identify with? Which is it? Are scientists to be believed or not? Or is it only the ones you agree with? This guy was the one using horse dewormer, right?

WHY MUST YOU PEOPLE DO THIS TO EVERY THREAD?!?!? DUDE JUST ASKED FOR PRAYERS FOR HIS SICK KID....

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
My significantly at risk daughter tested positive (as did the rest of the household) last week. She scared us a little the first night but recovered pretty damn quickly over the next few days.

Everyone is going to get this one, and fortunately for all of us omicron is no delta

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
"Vaccine scientist Dr. Robert Malone believes there is some very good news emerging from the rapid spread of the coronavirus, suggesting that God may have given the world a “Christmas present” in the form of the omicron variant."

That's easy for Dr. Malone to say; he's fully vaccinated so he isn't worried about Omicron.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Facts. He did not discover mRNA and had no idea about it being used for vaccines. He discovered that he could use mRNA (which was discovered 27 years before in 1960) to activate and to prevent protein production.

Malone never got his PhD. So he fits right in with internet guys who haven't either and Joe Rogan.

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
Every single person that I know who has gotten omicron in the last month was vaccinated. Many were also recipients of the “booster” shot. All cases were mild. I don’t know of any children in my area who have required hospitalization for covid, although I am sure there are rare cases that did.

All in all, this new variant is mild and unavoidable. Prayers for all who have it now, but this variant truly could be a blessing in disguise that helps the world prevail after 2 years of biological warfare

That's easy for Dr. Malone to say; he's fully vaccinated so he isn't worried about Omicron.

Last edited:

FlyMaroon

Oct 29, 2012
Kids without comorbidites seem to very resilient, esp to Omicron. Hopefully that continues, prayers sent taco.

I tested positive earlier this week, I'm in pretty good shape and it seems to be much milder than the Delta. Fever, some aches, and minor congestion. Got Moderna early last year, no booster.

FlyMaroon

Oct 29, 2012
Facts. He did not discover mRNA and had no idea about it being used for vaccines. He discovered that he could use mRNA (which was discovered 27 years before in 1960) to activate and to prevent protein production.

Malone never got his PhD. So he fits right in with internet guys who haven't either and Joe Rogan.

He got his MD from Northwestern, studied post-doc at Harvard and is a mRNA expert virologist. He's no random idiot. Also Joe Rogan survived. I thought that was the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login