Oct 31, 2021
  • It’s a win but who are they?
  • Allar had plenty of time
  • Yeah for the new kicker
  • Defense overall was fairly sold and stepped up when it had to
  • I was not a believer in Clifford, until now. HE IS THE GO-TO GUY
  • Losing Donkoh early in the game was not good. He’ll be needed against USC
  • Singleton was missed. I hope he’s back at full strength soon
  • 43 on defense continues to be a liability.
  • I’m not sold on Drew Shelton
  • These slow starts against everyone (Both O and D)are now a problem that has to be addressed and I surely hope it will
  • The team I watched today will struggle at USC

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021
Trap game
Not much buzz going in, could have just been me
Adjusted well
Allen is a beast between the tackles, not sure I'd run a delayed pitchout to him
Liam Clifford took a step
Love the offensive creativity - still think the playcalling can get too cute from time to time
DeJuan Lane great hustle to save a TD
DeJuan Lane real confused on the touchdown pass
Tamere Robinson looked like he was thinking instead of playing
UCLA touchdown was against a lot of reserves - good for them to get the reps and tape
Don't mean this to be as negative as it may sound. PSU seemed in control from the start.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
*I agree. The slow starts need to be rectified
*Singleton was missed
*The OL needs to be healthy to finish the season or they will struggle.
*The defense plays too soft at times, specifically on 3rd and long
*The DBs play too far off the WRs.
*Traffic flow getting into lots 12 & 13 from Atherton was abysmal. There has to be better way.
*If you are one of the fans renting the seat backs to attach onto the bleacher seats, take notice to how much you intrude on the leg room of the people sitting behind you. Be courteous, everyone paid good money for the experience, not just you.
* The WiFi in the stadium still sucks. No correct that, WiFi is nonexistent.
* It was a beautiful October day in Happy Valley. Great day tailgating with friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: WEP6-12

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Except Tennessee lost to Arkansas
Right. I’m saying SEC teams with one loss will be ranked higher than us.

I know it really doesn’t matter right now, but it does matter later because the preseason and early-season polls do have an impact on where teams end up at the end.

WEP6-12

Nov 1, 2021

I know it really doesn’t matter right now, but it does matter later because the preseason and early-season polls do have an impact on where teams end up at the end.
With losses to Vanderbilt and Arkansas? I don’t think so. We will find out soon.

Reactions: LB99

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Yeah, but both will probably be ranked higher than us.
I'm not concerned with rankings per se at this point. After 5 games IMO, PSU has proven worthy to be in the playoff conversation. I have not seen evidence that they should be in the national championship conversation. As someone who has enjoyed PSU football for more than 60 years, I'd love to see that evidence.
I'm going to enjoy another good season either way.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021

They lost to u ranked teams. Granted Bama has a win vs UGA but they lost to Vandy. That has to count for something.

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
Agree with a lot posted above. Also need to recognize that UCLA’s play cut down on offensive opportunities. They were slow out of the huddle. They took zero risks. Only long pass was when T’Mere blew coverage. In first quarter, they had the ball for over 10 minutes. Before half, they gave up rather than risk a big play. Down 27-3 in third quarter, they go on a 16 play 8 minute drive that gets them a score against scrubs in the last minute. Not trying to win, just eating clock. PS could have played better but UCLA had something to do with game style.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Do we beat bama, uga or tenn? UCLA is 1-4

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
1.Definitely missed Singelton

2. #25 Freshman Quentin Martin, looks like he is going to be a superb versatile-talented player.

3. Flemming picked up his level of play towards the end of the game but had costly mistakes in the first half.
Did he or can he turn the corner?

4. Definitely going to be a tough matchup at USC, they've beat up PSU in every game since 1996.

5. I am convinced that the offense is every bit as talented as this defense and we should have a shot at finishing the regular season Undefeated all predicated on the Ohio State game.

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
I agree they have to fix the slow starts. And we give up too many 3rd and longs. That said, USC looked very beatable tonight against Minnesota.

On a very positive note, the defensive offside penalties were cleaned up!!!
good point on the offside penalties. They're identifying problems and correcting them

Reactions: stater02

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Do we beat bama, uga or tenn? UCLA is 1-4
Well Bama, Georgia and Ohio State have rosters packed with freakishly talented 5 star athletes. PSU may have a few. So, the answer on paper is NO.
However, since the game isn't played on paper, I hope for the opportunity and believe PSU has a punchers chance.

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Agree with a lot posted above. Also need to recognize that UCLA’s play cut down on offensive opportunities. They were slow out of the huddle. They took zero risks. Only long pass was when T’Mere blew coverage. In first quarter, they had the ball for over 10 minutes. Before half, they gave up rather than risk a big play. Down 27-3 in third quarter, they go on a 16 play 8 minute drive that gets them a score against scrubs in the last minute. Not trying to win, just eating clock. PS could have played better but UCLA had something to do with game style.

Didnt UCLA play without their starting QB?

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Well Bama, Georgia and Ohio State have rosters packed with freakishly talented 5 star athletes. PSU may have a few. So, the answer on paper is NO.
However, since the game isn't played on paper, I hope for the opportunity and believe PSU has a punchers chance.
I predict we win a playoff game this year (that may change if we don’t hang with USC) but I predict we beat the trojans

Reactions: LionJim and LB99

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I wish the DBs would not line up so far the WRs, especially on 3 rd and long.
Well I was referring more to the DL but yea I agree. I'm still not comfortable with some of Allen's defense. His blitzes and coverage remind me a lot of Bradley and Pry. But that also might not be fair to Allen. We have some real injury issues at LBr and safety.

Reactions: LB99

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
Need to beat USC. We don’t have the SEC goodwill and profit that Bama and Tennessee and the rest of them have.

maybe Clifford emerged at WR. Someone has to.

seems to be a transition year in college football. Portal and nil changed it. Just look at Miami, one guy did all of that. I don’t see psu with the elite freak, but maybe a well rounded team that doesn’t make mistakes can hang. See Arkansas and Vanderbilt.

OSU WRs are practically unstoppable. Need to beat everyone else on the schedule.

Reactions: LionJim and bbrown

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
I predict we win a playoff game this year (that may change if we don’t hang with USC) but I predict we beat the trojans
Well the playoffs are now a tournament. You must be in it to win it. Like any tournament, it's about who is hot at the right time. PSU is dealing with what I would consider an inordinate number of key injuries. Their luck needs to change. Some position groups are getting thin on talent

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login