My quick unfiltered thoughts:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Well I was referring more to the DL but yea I agree. I'm still not comfortable with some of Allen's defense. His blitzes and coverage remind me a lot of Bradley and Pry. But that also might not be fair to Allen. We have some real injury issues at LBr and safety.
Agree. This defense reminds me of the bend don’t break zone d that Bradley employed. I prefer the Diaz man in your face d. The middle of the field seems to be open a lot. I’m not sure if that’s a result of the structure of the defense or missed assignments, but it is an issue.

Reactions: bbrown

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Agree. This defense reminds me of the bend don’t break zone d that Bradley employed. I prefer the Diaz man in your face d. The middle of the field seems to be open a lot. I’m not sure if that’s a result of the structure of the defense or missed assignments, but it is an issue.
It's about people

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
*I agree. The slow starts need to be rectified
*Singleton was missed
*The OL needs to be healthy to finish the season or they will struggle.
*The defense plays too soft at times, specifically on 3rd and long
*The DBs play too far off the WRs.
*Traffic flow getting into lots 12 & 13 from Atherton was abysmal. There has to be better way.
*If you are one of the fans renting the seat backs to attach onto the bleacher seats, take notice to how much you intrude on the leg room of the people sitting behind you. Be courteous, everyone paid good money for the experience, not just you.
* The WiFi in the stadium still sucks. No correct that, WiFi is nonexistent.
* It was a beautiful October day in Happy Valley. Great day tailgating with friends.
Funny you say that about the seat backs. Two guys in front of me did not have seat backs and their butts were beyond the edge of the seats and my knees were right in their backs. I’m 6-2 and felt like A sardine.

Reactions: LB99

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
We won!
We are 5-0!

Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

Reactions: BobPSU92

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Who cares about ranking right now. Our schedule starts this week. We beat usc, I will be surprised and very happy! Then at Wisconsin after the dreaded bye, osu and Washington who may have new life.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
  • It’s a win but who are they?
  • Allar had plenty of time
  • Yeah for the new kicker
  • Defense overall was fairly sold and stepped up when it had to
  • I was not a believer in Clifford, until now. HE IS THE GO-TO GUY
  • Losing Donkoh early in the game was not good. He’ll be needed against USC
  • Singleton was missed. I hope he’s back at full strength soon
  • 43 on defense continues to be a liability.
  • I’m not sold on Drew Shelton
  • These slow starts against everyone (Both O and D)are now a problem that has to be addressed and I surely hope it will
  • The team I watched today will struggle at USC
to be fair, injuries are a pretty big factor on this team right now. we have the players who are just not playing and some others that are playing less than what we have seen (i.e. Rojas yesterday was a lot better than the last few games - he may have been playing injured). losing Donkoh was a big loss along with Nick not playing. the team playing today is not the team that hammerd WVU day one.

the other thing that seems noticeable is the QB running. Drew seems to be pulling back on the QB runs and Beau comes in and almost always runs the same play. If we are going to have a Beau package it would help if he poses a pass threat. Equally, Drew needs to run and has shown he can do that effectively. If we limit their options we make it easier for D to figure us out.

glad to see we made some FGs, but nobody has mentioned punting. We seem to lose field position on net punting, and when we start slow, the other guys move to near midfield (if they don't score) early and pin us. if we don't move ball early, then we are punting. we need field position changing punts.

Reactions: bbrown

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
to be fair, injuries are a pretty big factor on this team right now. we have the players who are just not playing and some others that are playing less than what we have seen (i.e. Rojas yesterday was a lot better than the last few games - he may have been playing injured). losing Donkoh was a big loss along with Nick not playing. the team playing today is not the team that hammerd WVU day one.

the other thing that seems noticeable is the QB running. Drew seems to be pulling back on the QB runs and Beau comes in and almost always runs the same play. If we are going to have a Beau package it would help if he poses a pass threat. Equally, Drew needs to run and has shown he can do that effectively. If we limit their options we make it easier for D to figure us out.

glad to see we made some FGs, but nobody has mentioned punting. We seem to lose field position on net punting, and when we start slow, the other guys move to near midfield (if they don't score) early and pin us. if we don't move ball early, then we are punting. we need field position changing punts.
Agree especially the Beau Package.
Yea, not sure what was going on with Riley but he had a bad game. I don't think he's been as good the last few games.
We have had some pretty bad luck with injuries and to key players, our LB'r corps is paper thin. At least Rojas looks like he might be getting better, same with Liam Clifford. That was a good sign.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Funny you say that about the seat backs. Two guys in front of me did not have seat backs and their butts were beyond the edge of the seats and my knees were right in their backs. I’m 6-2 and felt like A sardine.
That’s not fun. The seatbacks impinge so much on the legroom of the person behind them. Yesterday was the first time I looked around the stadium and thought to myself, yes, an upgrade is long overdue.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login