My Stupid Opinions

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
The thread about State leaving the SEC got me thinking, have I ever had ridiculous opinions myself? I don't mind calling mine stupid, but I will share some of mine.

-I thought Renardo Sydney was going to bring us a national championship.
-I thought it was a smart thing to do to fire Stansbury.
-There are times that I think we should rehire Stansbury.
-I thought Rick Ray was going to be a good hire. That lasted about half a season.
-I thought Howland was a homerun hire.
-I thought Moorehead was a homerun hire.
-I thought, "ehhh, he's taking the football team to a waterpark, no big deal."
-I thought we would see the greatest offense ever under Moorehead.
-I thought (still kinda do) that Cohen is a good AD.
-I thought Creed was a really good band.
-I actually like This is Us.
-I was OK with The Last Jedi and I just don't understand the hate.
-I thought we would never win a national championship in anything.

What's some of yours?

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
- I thought Polk II was going to work (This one hurt us more than my second one because it lasted longer.)
- I thought Moorhead was a great hire (It was on paper. Only took until the 4th game to realize it was a charlie-foxtrot.)

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
I thought Super Bulldog Weekend number 1 in 1985 with the Tanya Tucker concert

and the Florida State baseball win would catapult the university into national prominence and dominance. What did I know? I was 15.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I thought Jackie was going to turn it around and 2001 was just a bump in the road.
I thought Jake Plummer was going to be a good QB in the NFL as well as Tim Couch.
I thought The Spaghetti Incident was going to be a good album.
I still don’t like There Will Be Blood.
I don’t like cheesecake.
I thought Lemonis was a awful hire. I am not alone on this and those that say they loved it are full of ****.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Here’s my take on yours
-I thought Renardo Sydney was going to bring us a national championship. No
-I thought it was a smart thing to do to fire Stansbury. Mixed
-There are times that I think we should rehire Stansbury. Can’t say it hasn’t crossed my mind.
-I thought Rick Ray was going to be a good hire. That lasted about half a season. No no
-I thought Howland was a homerun hire. Yes
-I thought Moorehead was a homerun hire.yes
-I thought, "ehhh, he's taking the football team to a waterpark, no big deal." Yes
-I thought we would see the greatest offense ever under Moorehead. Thought we’d see more
-I thought (still kinda do) that Cohen is a good AD. Don’t know
-I thought Creed was a really good band. Listend to A few songs last night
-I actually like This is Us. Never watched
-I was OK with The Last Jedi and I just don't understand the hat never seen it, I don’t think. Not big into SW after the trilogy, but like Rogue One.
-I thought we would never win a national championship in anything. Had doubts but Baseball always had some hope

What's some of yours?
no comment, quit questioning me

Last edited:

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
-Thought Moorhead and jacked sophomore Kylin might lead us to a dark horse natty
-Thought we'd "skull17" UGA in 2017 while living in Georgia. Bets were lost.
-Liked Polk II hire but was also a teenager
-thought Pamela Anderson, Carmen Electra, Erika Eleniak, and Sable would look good forever. Realized I was wrong around the same time the baseball team started imploding

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
I thought we had 2 national championships in womens basketball going into the last game.

Thought Croom would do at state what Deon is doing at Jackson State.

Thought we were going to win the Natty in baseball in ‘13.

Also though Howland was home run hire.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Polk II was a disaster but on paper it made sense. He had just won SEC and taken UGA to CWS, showing signs that he still had it.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
There were times (I think 2015) where I thought Dak should have been benched for Fitz.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
My knee jerk reaction was that Jeffrey Simmons shouldn’t be allowed onto the team when that video surfaced.

I called a number of people on here *******, dipshit, or dumb17 that probably didn’t deserve it.

I thought we’d wreck a Treadwell-less Ole Miss in 2014 and get the #4 spot in the CFP.

I thought I could make it work with my clinically insane ex-girlfriend.

I also thought Howland was a homerun hire.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
“Arizona Western, a junior college with a losing record, definitely has 3 SEC defensive linemen on its roster.”

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I thought Johnny Manziel was going to be a superstar in the NFL.
I still think the Jets can turn it around.
I thought George Wonsley was our best running back in the early 80s and they didn't play him enough.
The first day Emory Bellard was on campus he came into the Athletic Cafeteria in MacArthur Hall and sat at our table filled with Baseball players. Took him a good 5 minutes to figure out we weren't his guys. I do give him credit for staying seated with us through the whole meal and being a very pleasant guest. I figured then he wasn't gonna last very long.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Oh, I also thought Tom Brady was just a “good system QB” that simply benefitted from sharing a sideline with great defenses.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Oh, I also thought Tom Brady was just a “good system QB” that simply benefitted from sharing a sideline with great defenses.

I’ll admit I wondered the same. I think we are finding it was the opposite

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Honestly, Howland was a really good hire at the time. Our basketball team had no talent, no fan support and no positive momentum. It was not an attractive job. Howland has certainly not won as much as I thought but at least we aren’t an embarrassment anymore

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
- redheads are only OK

- Ward’s chili burger is an abomination

- Chick Fil A’s food is overrated

- Leach’s quirkiness is much funnier and interesting when he is someone else’s coach

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
None of yours are "stupid" - here are mine:

* I thought we would make an Elite 8 or Final Four under Stanbury.
* I thought Ron Polk would win multiple CWSs.
* I thought Sherrill crippled Croom's tenure by staying 2 years too long and neglecting the program.
* I think Templeton was a good AD who poured a solid foundation for today's infrastructure and facilities.
* I think our fanbase expects more than the University can deliver in athletics.
* I think our logos suck and and have for some time. Plus we change them like we change underwear.
* I am proud of the diversity in our athletics program...especially in women's sports.
* I think we should pull for the SEC against everyone outside the SEC all the time (Ole Miss included).
* I always want Ole Miss to field the best team and have a great record when we beat them -- so wins against your rival are meaningful.
* I don't worry about losing when we give 100% effort and keep striving to fight and get better.
* I think Keenum has brought to MSU good stability that hasn't been seen since the days of Zacharias.
* I think the Fogelsong hire was an attempt to hinder MSU.

Last edited:

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
It was a great idea...Like a "Spring Homecoming"

It's washed up and boring now.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Whole lot of us thought MSU was gonna win the SEC in 2001. We were ranked 17th after we beat Memphis to open the year. That should have been our sign we'd go 2-8 from there.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
My first SPS post dynamited the pond here because I said similar things about LT.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Honestly, Howland was a really good hire at the time. Our basketball team had no talent, no fan support and no positive momentum. It was not an attractive job. Howland has certainly not won as much as I thought but at least we aren’t an embarrassment anymore

I dreaded - and still do - this hire because as good as it is on paper, the words “Bob Boyd” came immediately to my mind when I found out.

Yeah, and I know it doesn’t make sense…

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
In the 7th inning of game 3 against Vandy, I thought we would find a way to lose, even if it meant having the ump make some bogus calls.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
I thought Moorhead was a good hire at the time.

I thought Howland was a good hire (still giving him a chance based on what was here when he arrived. We practically imploded our basketball program)

I thought Hud would have been a good hire.

I thought Dan Mullen was a championship caliber head coach.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
In the 7th inning of game 3 against Vandy, I thought we would find a way to lose, even if it meant having the ump make some bogus calls.

When we knocked Rocker out, I knew we had that one in the bag.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login