My Stupid Opinions

CoolDawg

Oct 20, 2013
1. I thought Rick Stansbury would get our basketball program on NCAA probation.
2. When Vic Schaffer was hired, I thought the hire was so insignificant that it didn't even register with me.
3. I thought Todd Jordan would be one of the greatest QB's in MSU history followed by a great NFL career.
4. I thought the same thing about Kevin Fant as I did Todd Jordan.
5. I was excited when Dontae Walker signed to play football at MSU.
6. When Dak signed with State, it made such a little impression on me that I don't even remember him signing. I also didn't think Dak was an NFL caliber QB. (Love Dak, so glad I was wrong about that)
7. I didn't think Cohen had the resolve to fire a head football coach with a winning record who had only been on the job for 2 years.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I thought Croom had a chance to win the West in 2008.

I thought we were going to win the 2012 “We Believe” game against Bama.

I thought we were winning the 2016 baseball national title.

I wanted us to hire Nick Mingione as baseball head coach in 2018

I thought Howland was making the NCAA Tourney in Year 1

I thought Dak would be a career backup in the NFL who could MAYBE do well enough in spot duty to get a starting stint with a lesser franchise. Basically expected him to have the career that Gardner Minshew has had.

Last edited:

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
- I believed some crap I heard second hand about how Kevin Fant showed up Eli Manning in all of the high school camps (he may have. Eli may have been drunk. Wouldn't be surprising since he looks crunk most of the time.....but I think he just has that "Manning face" that makes you want to punch it.)

- Polk II - I, (along with probably 1,000 others) called his office at Georgia at told the secretary to relay the message we wanted him back .....looking back, what a cringe moment....sounded like she slammed the phone down, so at least it was funny. I was on campus over near Carpenter. It is crazy how I can remember exactly where I was when I made that phone call, but I can't remember anything from 10 minutes ago.

- I used to believe Petty's was dang fine bbq. And maybe it was from 1996-2001. Good gravy, it sucked the last few times I had it. Reheated meat. Beans were nasty. Hope the new place is better.

- I thought Ole Miss was going to get hammered to oblivion by the NCAA. They should have. Why is it a stupid opinion? Because I knew the NCAA didn't have any balls, but my disgust for everyone of them douche canoes outweighs logic.

- I couldn't wait to get out of Starkville....(Really, I couldn't wait to get out of school).....Now, all I want to do is move back.....a few more years,....a few more years.

dotcomdawg

Oct 2, 2013
I thought hiring Croom was such a good move that I called Templeton and congratulated him for the genius move. Game over. I win. Hand me the trophy.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
I thought hiring Croom was such a good move that I called Templeton and congratulated him for the genius move. Game over. I win. Hand me the trophy.
Reminds me of a joke.

Preacherman in Oxford is giving the Sunday morning sermon on confessing your sins. Invites the congregation to stand up and shout out their sins!

Brother Matt stands up and says, “I was the one that told him to hike his leg when he scored.”
Preacher says, “Tell it all brother, tell it all!!

Brother Danny Hugh stands up and says, “I called coot for croots.”

Brother Lane stands up and says, “I slept with 16 co-ed’s, 9 boosters’ wives, all of the softball team 🤪, the AD’s wife, the chancellor’s wife, and Saban’s daughter last week.
Preacher wipes the sweat off his forehead and says, “Tell it all brother, tell it all!!

Brother Lane says, “Oh yeah, and a goat at a party over on Frat Row.”
Preacher says, “Dang brother, I don’t believe I’da told that!”

so there’s the punchline to your croom story. I don’t believe I’da told that.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Reminds me of a joke.

Preacherman in Oxford is giving the Sunday morning sermon on confessing your sins. Invites the congregation to stand up and shout out their sins!

Brother Matt stands up and says, “I was the one that told him to hike his leg when he scored.”

Brother Danny Hugh stands up and says, “I called coot for croots.”

Brother Lane stands up and says, “I slept with 16 co-ed’s, 9 boosters’ wives, all of the softball team 浪, the AD’s wife, the chancellor’s wife, and Saban’s daughter last week.
Preacher wipes the sweat off his forehead and says, “Tell it all brother, tell it all!!

Brother Lane says, “Oh yeah, and a goat at a party over on Frat Row.”
Preacher says, “Dang brother, I don’t believe I’da told that!”

so there’s the punchline to your croom story. I don’t believe I’da told that.

You put some respect on Lewis Grizzard's jokes

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Ditto on thinking firing Stans was the right thing to do. I've 180ed on that in the past few years.

Aug 3, 2019
-I thought Andy Cannizaro was the home run hire we'd need to win the National Championship
-I thought Joe Moorhead was a home run hire
-I thought we should've stuck with Gary Henderson when he got us to the College World Series after picking up the pieces of the Cannizaro mess.
-My first thought with Lemonis- who? I was convinced that we were about to get Jim Schlossnagle from TCU.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
When we knocked Rocker out, I knew we had that one in the bag.
I watched Vic piss away a seemingly impossible 3rd quarter lead to lose on the last shot of the game. I didn't allow myself to believe it until Clark hit that last home run. Even then, I thought the sports gods would punish me for allowing myself to believe we would win even for a second.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
-I thought Jackie would win us a Natty. but i was a teenager and did not know about the injuns yet.
-I though Eric Moulds would win the Heisman his last year.
-I loved gettin Renardo Sydney.
-I was all in on getting Stans out.
-I did not know who Rick Ray was, but when he yelled at Marshall Henderson i was proud.
-I still believe Howland was the right hire, but something is off.
-Polk 2- I thought was the best move ever
-I wanted Henderson to get the job
-I was against the Croom hire, but he won me over. I thought we were building something after the liberty bowl win.
-I think Cohen does a fine job.
-i liked Dan.
-I really liked Moorehead.
-I believed Malik Newman would lead the SEC in scoring his Frosh year.
-I wanted us to send Cam the money.
-Last Jedi was good. Rogue one is the 2nd best SW movie after Empire Strikes Back.
-I believe Leach will win big.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
-I thought Jackie would win us a Natty. but i was a teenager and did not know about the injuns yet.
-I though Eric Moulds would win the Heisman his last year.
-I loved gettin Renardo Sydney.
-I was all in on getting Stans out.
-I did not know who Rick Ray was, but when he yelled at Marshall Henderson i was proud.
-I still believe Howland was the right hire, but something is off.
-Polk 2- I thought was the best move ever
-I wanted Henderson to get the job
-I was against the Croom hire, but he won me over. I thought we were building something after the liberty bowl win.
-I think Cohen does a fine job.
-i liked Dan.
-I really liked Moorehead.
-I believed Malik Newman would lead the SEC in scoring his Frosh year.
-I wanted us to send Cam the money.
-Last Jedi was good. Rogue one is the 2nd best SW movie after Empire Strikes Back.
-I believe Leach will win big.
Same with Howland. When he signed Newman I thought he was going to pull off another UCLA type run. Fart.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
-I thought Renardo Sydney was going to bring us a national championship.
-I thought we would never win a national championship in anything.

The sign of a true MSU fan is when they can believe such disparate views...often at the same time.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Can't lie, when Malik committed here that is maybe the most excited I have ever been about Mississippi State sports.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Not all of those opinions are stupid or dumb.

Wrong? Sure but being wrong doesn’t make you stupid or dumb.

Aug 3, 2019
Larry Templeton was a good AD for the 1980's and early 1990's.

After Carl Maddox retired, we hired the Alabama Assistant AD, who banned cowbells and gameday ticket sales. He was run off after less than a year. the next guy went to North Carolina the minute he could.

Larry Templeton stabilized the athletic department, kept the Athletic department in the black, and we managed to have competitive football teams under Jackie Sherrill, final four with Richard Williams, and a couple of College World Series appearances.

When the requirements and needs of the Athletic Department changed and grew, Larry Templeton couldn't keep up.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I was so convinced that we would win play well in the Orange Bowl in 2014 that I spent $900 on a flight and bought end zone tickets through the school for $150

Return of the Jedi is better than Empire

And I thought we would destroy olemiss in 2015 in starkville

Great topic, preacherdawg

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I thought the SEC Network Alternate would be used to show games and be easy to find.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I was so convinced that we would win play well in the Orange Bowl in 2014 that I spent $900 on a flight and bought end zone tickets through the school for $150
Oof that $150 is tough. I paid $28 for club on the secondary market.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I thought Gary Ervin would be the greatest basketball player ever at State.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login