My thoughts.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
As most on this board, I have things more important to me than football. i love state football and have for as long as I can remember. After tonight’s game I have already eased up and told my wife I should be available on whatever weekends she needs me. I will never not be a state fan, but I know what is like to be hurt by this team. This unfortunately feels like a team that is going to do just that.

we put on a decent showing against LSU next week and I will change my tune. We don’t have to win, just make me believe this is going somewhere. Otherwise there are things in my life that actually make me happy without the torture.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Ah, only follow when games are exciting and we win convincingly.
Not what I said. If you think I have the ability to not watch a state game, you don’t know me. Or really any other state fan. We watch no matter how much the team hurts us. I’m just saying I will not plan my Saturdays around it anymore

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
As most on this board, I have things more important to me than football. i love state football and have for as long as I can remember. After tonight’s game I have already eased up and told my wife I should be available on whatever weekends she needs me. I will never not be a state fan, but I know what is like to be hurt by this team. This unfortunately feels like a team that is going to do just that.

we put on a decent showing against LSU next week and I will change my tune. We don’t have to win, just make me believe this is going somewhere. Otherwise there are things in my life that actually make me happy without the torture.
I feel this. That old familiar MSU feeling that both disappoints you but somehow at the same time mentally frees you from the pain of watching bad coaching. Sad part this year is that we have talent. In years past we often lacked both talent and coaching.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018

Nope, being a Bulldog is like being married. You are either all in or your out. The good with the bad, etc. it’s a lot easier to just go be a sidewalk Bama fan. Oh, no wait, never mind on that last point. It’s a yes or no thing. It’s not a sort of ok when it’s easy thing. Be a Bulldog for life. 24-7, 365.

Reactions: dog99walker

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Let’s give them a couple more games and see how it goes. I remember them struggling in game 2 vs a below average UAB team at home before rising to number one in the country. I remember sitting at the bar at the grill telling a friend I wasn’t excited about dragging my butt up for the rest of that years season ticket package and he of course brought that comment up durring the auburn game. Just never know…and we may suck… but probably not.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I know that a lot of people didn’t want to believe that last night was a toss up game, and maybe it wasn’t a clean 50/50 split, but I felt going into it that it would be a game that we could lose. I’ll admit that barely pulling one out after getting handed a 5-1 TO advantage is pretty concerning, but I’ll also counter that by saying that I don’t think there’s a single team on our schedule that we don’t have a chance against, and I don’t know how long it’s been since the last time I said that.

Bottom line, Barbay seriously needs to figure some things out fast because his coaching performance last night was a D-, but I think this season is still on track with preseason expectations, and the media experts that went with a last place projection will still look like morons by year end

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I know that a lot of people didn’t want to believe that last night was a toss up game, and maybe it wasn’t a clean 50/50 split, but I felt going into it that it would be a game that we could lose. I’ll admit that barely pulling one out after getting handed a 5-1 TO advantage is pretty concerning, but I’ll also counter that by saying that I don’t think there’s a single team on our schedule that we don’t have a chance against, and I don’t know how long it’s been since the last time I said that.

Bottom line, Barbay seriously needs to figure some things out fast because his coaching performance last night was a D-, but I think this season is still on track with preseason expectations, and the media experts that went with a last place projection will still look like morons by year end
I had him with a D- performance also. On quite a few plays called.....would have given him a Z- performance. Glad we won, but if play calling continues the way it did last night, we'll be lucky to get bowl eligible.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
If we manage to win next week, there will be more than a few on this board that will say it is because LSU sucks this year and we won’t win another game because we are so terrible. Just breath deep and enjoy the ride. Good or bad. Life is too short to spend it being miserable and depressing.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
If we manage to win next week, there will be more than a few on this board that will say it is because LSU sucks this year and we won’t win another game because we are so terrible. Just breath deep and enjoy the ride. Good or bad. Life is too short to spend it being miserable and depressing.
State fans

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

Nope, we'll all be claiming we didn't put ** next to the word vanilla.

"Barbay's a genius, he didn't give them any tape."

patdog

May 28, 2007
If we manage to win next week, LSU does suck. I'll be surprised if we score double digits without a defensive or special teams big play.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't see why our coaches are having a problem. After reading this board, I now know College football has to be pretty damned simple and easy to run. Our players and Arizona just do everything we prepared for.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login